creating menus

Guest double

Guest double

hi everyone I just want to know that if I want to create nice menus to my site, do I need special software or just codes

Everything on a website can be done with code and, in fact, you can assure you'll get good results if you code your own pages rather than use WYSIWYG software to make your site.+Here's an example of how a menu can be coded and styled:The HTML markup for a menu can look like this:

<div id="menu"><ul><li><a href="URL">Menu item</a></li><li><a href="URL">Menu item</a></li><li><a href="URL">Menu item</a></li></ul></div>

And then you use CSS to style it, maybe something like this:

#menu {width: 130px;float: left;background: url(file.gif) top left repeat-y #66CCFF;border: 1px solid #0066C8;}#menu ul {list-style-type: none;}#menu li a {display: block;background-color: #FF5858;border: 1px solid #FFD800;}

cool site that's helpfull to me too.i think what he means by special software is things like flash, swish and stuff.it all depends on the amount of effort your going to put into it and whether it's just going to fall on it's arse in a few weeks. i'd suggest trying to code it in HTML and CSS first is a good idea.

Archived