My first site :)

Guest g3rmzz

Guest g3rmzz
iphone-times.comThat's my first website and I've been working on it for a while, but there's something really bugging me - when you right click the header (which takes you home) it doesn't let you open the link in a new window or tab like other links - and I can't for the life of me figure out why :)Oh and any comments about the site is welcome of course!

You can't open it in a new tab because it's not an anchor. It's a <div> that runs some Javascript to load another page.<div id="header" onclick="location.href='http://iphone-times.com/';" style="cursor: pointer;">The site has a nice smooth design and everything blends well.

cool looking site, but you could do better than using an image to render the background, though it's no doubt small file size it could be improved using styles. that would give you a bit more experience using html / css aswell. another work around that would be better for download speeds is just making the background image 1px high and repeating it down. or if it needs to be the same height as the slanted lines to the side, you can make it the same height.apart from that it looks cool, so long as the blog isn't you typing it drectly into html?

The colour scheme is great but I think the banner and footer could use a bit more work.
Idem ! I know that will not help you...To sum up: good job but you can certainly be better !

Perhaps a shorter banner (in height). The big black space at the top looks a bit weird at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I like it. But is there anyway that you can remove the top ads under the banner? It looks like a navigation bar at first, Other than that, I think it looks great!