Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gloria

VBScript or JavaScript

Guest Gloria

Hi, I'm a newbie to web development so I'm hoping someone will help me with this question. Well, I have run into some examples of HTLM codes with VBScript as well as JavaScript. To prevent myself from getting more confused, I think I will need to learn either one and only one of them. The problem is, which? Any suggestion? Thanks.

I would definently go for JavaScript, main reason being that it works on all major browsers like IE, Firefox, Opera - VBScript only works on IE because it's from microsoft.

Definently JavaScript.Were you looking at the ASP tutorial, is that why you were asking about which to use? Because ASP can be written using either VBScript or JavaScript.For "everyday" coding, I'd go with JavaScript. It is better with cross-platform and cross-browser compatability.

definatly javascript for us linux users :)

Only use vbscript if you are trying to achieve a certain result in IE apart from the others.

Guest Gloria

I guess we have a overwhelming consensus here. JavaScript that is. Thanks guys you are all great. :)

VBScript is DEAD
Disco was dead at one time, but some people for reasons unknown to me, are trying to ressurect it. So, you never know :)

Disco was dead at one time, but some people for reasons unknown to me, are trying to ressurect it.  So, you never know  :)

Yeah... but I think VBScript is more dead like Hitler... Its gone... we're trying to forget it ever happened, and most importantly... its not coming back....while OTHER evils (inferior languages) will rise up (*cough* PHP *cough*) VBScript is dead.