Position() Method Problem

kwilliams

I would like to pull 3 event nodes (May, June, and July) that are located within a bunch of other nodes from the following XML doc, starting with node #2 (name=May 2008):

<events>	<month id="04" year="2008">		<name>April 2008</name>	</month>	<month id="05" year="2008">		<name>May 2008</name>	</month>	<month id="06" year="2008">		<name>June 2008</name>	</month>	<month id="07" year="2008">		<name>July 2008</name>	</month>	<month id="08" year="2008">		<name>August 2008</name>	</month></events>

I'm pulling in a parameter value from an ASP.NET doc that contains the current month's month-value (05), so now I need to only display the 3 nodes after that starting node. This the the XSLT doc that I've created:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:asp="remove"><xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" encoding="utf-8" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/> 	<xsl:param name="current_month" select="''" /><!-- Populated from ASP.NET doc / contains "05" value -->	<xsl:param name="current_year" select="''" /><!-- Populated from ASP.NET doc / contains "2008" value -->	<xsl:template match="/">		<!-- Pulls current month using $current_month parameter -->		<xsl:variable name="current_month_id" select="events/month[@id = $current_month and @year = $current_year]/@id" />		<!-- ***Q: How can I apply the "$current_month_id" variable to the <for-each" method below??? -->		<xsl:for-each select="events/month[position() <= 3]">			<xsl:value-of select="name" /><br />		</xsl:for-each>	</xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

But I'm stuck on how to only pull the 3 nodes after that original node. I know that using the position() method is probably the way to go, but I can't figure out how to do it. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

have u considered not using position() but for example events/month[@id =05] | events/month[@id =06] | events/month[@id =07]
I've thought of that, but I wanted to set the properties for several years of months in the XML doc. So May 2008 and May 2009 would both have an id of "05".But here's a solution that was forwarded to me my someone else in-case anyone's interested:<xsl:for-each select="events/month[@id >= $current_month]"> <xsl:if test="position() < 3"> <xsl:value-of select="name" /><br /> </xsl:if></xsl:for-each>In addition to that code, I also added additional code to allow for events for next year also, like this:<xsl:for-each select="events/month[(@id >= $current_month or @year = $current_year + 1)]"> <xsl:if test="position() <= 12"> <option value="{$site_domain}{$currentpath}{@id}"> <xsl:value-of select="name" /><br /> </option> </xsl:if> </xsl:for-each>...and since the events calendar will only list 12 months at a time, I don't have to worry about events overlapping. Thanks for your input.

Archived