unloadMovie

unplugged_web

I've got movie that I use loadMovie to load an external swf file, but when somebody clicks on another button I want that movie to unload. I tried unloadMovie(test.swf) on the time line and

on (press) {	gotoAndPlay("about");unloadMovie(test.swf);}

on the buttons, but neither of them seem to work.

I think you have to use the variable that you loaded to movie with, not the file name.And if you really did have to use the file name (which I don't think), it probably would have to go within quotation marks.

I think you have to use the variable that you loaded to movie with, not the file name.And if you really did have to use the file name (which I don't think), it probably would have to go within quotation marks.
Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by the variable I used. To load the movie I used
loadMovie("test.swf", this.book_mc);

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by the variable I used. To load the movie I used
loadMovie("test.swf", this.book_mc);

I'm not the biggest expert in flash, I haven't programmed in ActionScript in over a year, so I'm not totally sure about anything, but if you just sent it a file name it won't know what you're referring to because there may be more than one instance of that loaded file in the document$.You probably have to do it like this:unloadMovie(this.book_mc)Or find out which movieclip "this" refers to and unload it through that reference.

I'm not the biggest expert in flash, I haven't programmed in ActionScript in over a year, so I'm not totally sure about anything, but if you just sent it a file name it won't know what you're referring to because there may be more than one instance of that loaded file in the document$.You probably have to do it like this:unloadMovie(this.book_mc)Or find out which movieclip "this" refers to and unload it through that reference.
thanks

Archived