Check Date Is In Past

Guest haverer

Guest haverer

Hi there, Been using the site for a while with no probs. Stubled across something I can't work out though, and wondering if anyone can help me. On a form I have a date box. I would simply like to varify that the date entered is a date in the past or today, and not a date in the future. Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks. lul

google "javascript date validation" and you'll be sure to find something that works.however, this implies that the validation, with respect to not in the future, would rely on the clients PC time. so, very simply, I could change my computer date to a time in the future to trick the script. Or, if I really wanted to, just turn off javascript and have it ignore it all together.having said that, you should really run validation on both sides, client and server. this would mean that you would need php, asp, or cold fusion to make sure the information passed to the server is valid before doing anything with it.