My websites..

shek

Dude, I visited the one for everything you'll ever need. I now have a headache from seeing those annoying skulls. Don't ever use the scripts that pop up a message an ask you for your name, half or more of the people who go to your site will leave immediately, the site was lacking content, a lot of content, and scrap ALL the javascripts, scripts like that make your site look n0obish very n00bish. Javascript shouldn't be used for that, javascript should be use to enhance the experience but not add lots of pretty frivolous annoying things. You really should arrange the content better, and get rid of the welcome screens, nobody likes those, their annoying, they waste time. The average internet user will leave a site if they can't get to what they want in 10 seconds, that wasn't fulfilled. And if your gonna say your site is the centre for entertainment and knowledge, spell stuff rite, and add ALOT more content, your site had like 2 or 3 pages, and it was hard to see the buttons to the other pages and the links. Instead of putting all the content directly over the background (NEVER use a animated background by the way) use a div like

<div></div>

You've got a far way to go, but everybody started where you are now...Don't mean to offend you, just trying to help :)

thanx dude...I have removed that javascript asking name..I used that background because....it was looking nice and wasn't taking lot of time 2 load As I told I'm working on it.....I've 2 add lot more things..any more suggestions,plzz ???

The best way to get better at something is to accept good criticism and feedback. Blufish gave you some great stuff to go off of and you received it well, so first off kudos for that. I was afraid that after reading his (good) post you would get all huffy puffy, but accepting what he said is a good thing.The two pages you've listed contrast with nearly every "design standard" for good, clean, aesthetic, and functional websites. Here are some quick suggestions after a few seconds of viewing (and like Blufish said, that's all the user needs to pass judgment):

• Animated GIFs - these have pretty much gone the way of the dodo, too tacky and distracting... especially when used as background
  • Links - where are they? it was very difficult to discern where the links to the other pages are, use text!
  • Color scheme - you need one. color and contrast is very very important... text must be readable and never eye-straining.
  • Typography - a fancy name for anything to do with fonts... use a more readable and user-friendly font; verdana and georgia are my favorites

Small and brief suggestions, but they offer you plenty to work with for now. Hope this helps and isn't discouraging :) Like Blufish said, we all started from the same place, just keep working at it!This website can have some good articles: http://www.alistapart.com

Images are to be used in moderation. You could use images for the links, but remember that images with text in them aren't read by search engines.Also, may I suggest that you adopt a consistent layout? Instead of having everything all over the place try a defined header, sidebar, content area and footer.And please, yes, less of the animation. People do like visually interesting websites, but they also like ones where they can understand what is going on.Hmm... what is your website about, actually? I think it needs that description somewhere in there too.

Also, may I suggest that you adopt a consistent layout? Instead of having everything all over the place try a defined header, sidebar, content area and footer.
plz can u explain the above para clearly...I didn't get ucan u give an example...so that I understand it more easily :)

Well, at the moment your pages have no structure - they just, well, lurch from one image to another without any purpose. I cannot discern any meaning from it. It would be easier if the content was clearly laid out in a more compact fashion, and with more obvious links.

+---------------------------------------+|Header								 |+---------------------------------------+|Link   |Content Content Content Content||Link   |Content Content Content Content||Link   |Content Content Content Content||	   |Content Content +--------------+|	   |Content Content |Image	 	||	   |Content Content |			  ||	   |Content Content |			  ||	   |Content Content |			  ||	   |Content Content +--------------+|	   |Content Content Content Content|+-------+-------------------------------+|Footer								 |+---------------------------------------+

Content! You need content - some text is better than none, even if people don't like to read lots of it, but if well written visitors will understand the purpose of the site better than they will from lots of random images.Less of the animated GIFs, but I think people've said that before...

My suggestion would be to listen to the suggestions already. You seem to recieve criticism well, which is good, but I still see the moving background, there are still popups on both pages, still animated gifs, and music playing in the background should be kept to My Space and other unsecure and annoying social network sites.I am curious though, was blocking the rightclick a joke or an attempt at securing your code? As a joke it is slightly humerous, but there are too many ways to get around it if it was meant for security.

animated background removed...as per the suggestions given 2 me....I just wanted 2 be humorous....so I kept thatI it has a loop hole..wat r the other ways 2 give security 2 a webpage ???any more,suggestion...plzz

I just wanted 2 be humorous....so I kept that
Please, it may be humorous but its immature.
wat r the other ways 2 give security 2 a webpage ???
If you mean image integrity there is no way of preventing the user from downloading images you place on your site. If they really are not supposed to be used (e.g. under copyright) you can watermark them.Suggestions?I have no idea how to proceed from the index without randomly checking elements for the hyperlink.I still see the animated background on the second page...And *ahem* what is your website about?

Please, it may be humorous but its immature.If you mean image integrity there is no way of preventing the user from downloading images you place on your site. If they really are not supposed to be used (e.g. under copyright) you can watermark them.Suggestions?I have no idea how to proceed from the index without randomly checking elements for the hyperlink.I still see the animated background on the second page...And *ahem* what is your website about?
Buddy...I have removed all the animated background images...for the second website link :) &for proceeding frm first index page 2 another page....I'm working on it.....give me some time :) for the mean time...I'm keeping the borders for the images..so that it can understoodi want my website 2 be a one way stop for everyone...

Yahoo !!!!I have made changes...So,that everyone can clearly understand...how 2 go frm one page 2 anotherThere r no animated background images...any more suggestions ??? :)

for proceeding frm first index page 2 another page....I'm working on it.....give me some time Unsure.gif
Well, when you asked for more suggestions, I would've thought things would be different :)* Your websites load a little bit slowly for me on dialup. Few less images?* That alert box is really irritating.* I still don't see any content :)* And I would suggest getting rid of all animated images. Its a website, not a video...* Ok I just saw those links - the fact that the link text only flashes on the screen for around 1/10th of a second doesn't really enhance the usability experience though. Have the links as text or images which have the text on all the time.

ok..fineI'm removing that alert box..as I told i'm developing it..as the time goes u will see the more n more contents..I'll try much better for those links on the first page...but a small question ....is it better than the previous one ???I mean u r atleast able 2 know that u have 2 click here.. :smile:

I've done the link part of the first page....now the text can be easily seen..any suggestions,for more contents I can put in the site...

any suggestions,for more contents I can put in the site...
What about an "about" page?Hmm... ever considered about removing all the animated GIFs?

What about an "about" page?Hmm... ever considered about removing all the animated GIFs?
dude,do u mean I should remove all the animated images ?? :) If I remove the images...don't u think website will not have that look as it has now.. :) and it will be a boring site & as usual....the animated images r giving site a glow,right ??

the animated images r giving site a glow,right ??
They make me think its made by a 10-year old... I can't really take the sites seriously if I see all those low-res jerky animations.Good sites gain uniqueness through excellent design, not through... umm.... contextless flashing.Have a look at some of the animated Flash sites on http://www.templatemonster.com/ . That is good animation.I think a website is better easy to use and usual than unusual and hard to use. Remember, visitors expect websites to look a certain way. If it doesn't and it isn't obvious what everything means they will get confused and leave.

I have removed all the unwanted animated pics....now...can I add the new contents as I was adding ???plz..any suggestions for the way I put the contents..

plz..any suggestions for the way I put the contents..
Well you can shift the links to the left and put the content on the right... (this is website #2)

• 2 weeks later...

sry...for not been active these ten daysI wasn't there in my house..

Well you can shift the links to the left and put the content on the right... (this is website #2)
I 'll try for it..

Archived