New website Design

blufish

Hey guys!I'm new here, but I want to ask you some questions about what you think about my new website.http://www.frozenoven.comQuestions:Design 10/10Efficeincy 10/10Functionality 10/10How long would you stay? 00:00:00What can I improve on? (Please list at least one way to improve)Please don't just say, "I do not like your site" say "I do not like your site because..." Alternatively don't just say "I like your site" say "I like your site because..."ThanksSorry about the quirks earlier, I fixed them.

Design: 6/10I think you still have quite a way to go. The design is extremely plain at the moment, and indeed reminds me of a website frozen from the early '90s. Sorry. Some color would not go amiss, plus some graphics for the borders and headers. Also, try to get everything to line up - at the moment your top-right pane doesn't line up with the ads on the right.Try to have your content pane at least the same height as the links, or else it look slightly strange. Finally, try using a sans-serif font, Times New Roman to me looks, well, old fashioned.Accessibility (what is the "efficiency" of a site?) 7.5/10Quite good. Careful of duplicated links (e.g home up the top), and the use of <label>s for your forms.Usability 7/10I don't get it. A short written introduction right at the start would make my experience on the site far more meaningful, for example what are the different sections, what exactly I gain by signing up, and even some examples of things on the site, with nice hyperlinked images :)Even one joke presented on the front page with a link to the rest would immediately grab the user's attention and encourage them to explore further.How long would you stay? 00:01:00One minute; I need something I can do on the site. Maybe if I reached the jokes section longer, but I didn't come to click on it until I'd come back a second time. See Usability.I think your site may have potential in its content, but you need to make it more clear exactly what it is about.

Design 5/10Well for starters my eyes started bleeding when the page first loaded. Try adding that "red stripe" theme to all the pages as the default. Not just for the people who sign up/log in.Also the big red content box was a little blah. Try adding a border and tone down the color a bit.Other than that the layout's not bad but the assault on my eye's lowered the score.Efficeincy 10/10I guess it's efficient, I created a log in thing and loged in. It was quick and pain free (except for the fact that i had to squint my eyes until I was loged in). The only thing is once I loged in there still didn't seem to be anything to do. I looked at the news that I had already seen on the first page I saw when first visiting the site and didn't see an links pointing to any form of content.Functionality 10/10Navigating was easy enough considering how little there was.How long would you stay? 00:00:40I visited, loged in, looked, and left. There was nothing there that would make me want to stay.What can I improve on? (Please list at least one way to improve)Besides toning down the bright red.... Add some content. At the moment there is no reason to ever visit the page.

Design 5/10Well for starters my eyes started bleeding when the page first loaded. Try adding that "red stripe" theme to all the pages as the default. Not just for the people who sign up/log in.Also the big red content box was a little blah. Try adding a border and tone down the color a bit.Other than that the layout's not bad but the assault on my eye's lowered the score.Efficeincy 10/10I guess it's efficient, I created a log in thing and loged in. It was quick and pain free (except for the fact that i had to squint my eyes until I was loged in). The only thing is once I loged in there still didn't seem to be anything to do. I looked at the news that I had already seen on the first page I saw when first visiting the site and didn't see an links pointing to any form of content.Functionality 10/10Navigating was easy enough considering how little there was.How long would you stay? 00:00:40I visited, loged in, looked, and left. There was nothing there that would make me want to stay.What can I improve on? (Please list at least one way to improve)Besides toning down the bright red.... Add some content. At the moment there is no reason to ever visit the page.
Sorry, you must have been logged in while I was doing some major edits to the design. I have fixed up the design I hope you guys like it and if you can tell me how to improve the site further it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Design: 7/10: You have a good layout going on thereEfficiency: 9/10: It looks like you did it like did this well and fastFunctionality: 9/10: Looks very entertaining.How long would you stay?: 00:10:00What can I improve on?: Don't make your links mold in with the background. :)Very neat and tidy.

Archived