border AFTER padding

robgeerts

I've got this CSS-code:.picture { /* IE */ border: 1px solid #B3DD3D; padding: 5px;}html>body .picture { /* FF */ border: 1px solid #B3DD3D; padding: 5px;}The first class is voor Internet Explorer, the second one for FireFox. They're the same at the moment but the first class (for IE) doesn't work the way I want it to work. The second one does. So, the class works fine in firefox but not in internet explorer...What do I have to change for the first one working well in Internet Explorer?So my goal is to have first whitespace around a picture (padding) and after that a border of 1 px...

IE6 has support for CSS2(it's not full but it does support the selector ">" though). If you want to make something specifically for IE you must add a * before the property. Example:

.picture {border: 1px solid #B3DD3D; /* FF */*border: -whatever-border-you-think-it's-needed-; /* IE */padding: 5px;*padding: -whatever-padding-you-think-it's-needed-;}

IE6 has support for CSS2(it's not full but it does support the selector ">" though). If you want to make something specifically for IE you must add a * before the property.
thanks for the tip, but that's not my probleem.The probleem is that the padding-style won't work in Internet Explorer...Is there a solution for this?