Beginner in need of help

Marqo

:) I'm 16 years old and I've made a few websites pro-bono, mostly for different schools in the area. Yesterday a man who owns a small company asked if I would be willing to redesign his company's website. My question is this, I'm an amature web designer and when asked for a quote I was unsure how to respond. I dont know how to price my services, can any one help? I still havn't had the chance to ask what he's looking for but by my best guess is he's looking for a more asthetically pleasing website, probably meaning flashy colors, nice graphics and possibly interactive. :):(

well if you are an amature, has he seen your work? if it isent all that good then dont charge as much as what someone with elite skills would charge. i suggest asking him what he would offer and then if oyu dont like it go up.

That's a good way to get started at any job.If he says "how much do you want to get paid?" say to him "how much are you willing to pay me?"Of course, if you don't like the offer ask for more or walk away :)