RSS feeds

Kahor

Hello everyone,as I was browsing this site I read the new stickies concerning RSS feeds and thought, man that'd be nice if I could get a RSS feed to inform me of all new post/topics related to xml schemas, and then I noticed the RSS feeds exists only for global forum (exemple : rss feed for xml forum, but the xml forum alone has 4 subforums).Is there a way to do this with the existing rss feed ? If yes, how ? If not, what about doing it ? Would this put too much strain on the servers ?This is my suggestion for the forum :)

Hm. Interesting idea. However, I'm guessing it's up to IPB, not the forum admins to make this work. If that is so, then... who's up to suggesting this to IPB for their next version?

Maybe my point wasn't clear enough in my first post.The issue lie in the fact that the XML forum has 4 different subforums, maybe I understand it wrong but as far as I can see the RSS feed will warn me about all new post/topics in the FOUR different subforums, even if I am interested in ONLY ONE.So what I'd like is one RSS feed PER subforum.

Maybe my point wasn't clear enough in my first post.The issue lie in the fact that the XML forum has 4 different subforums, maybe I understand it wrong but as far as I can see the RSS feed will warn me about all new post/topics in the FOUR different subforums, even if I am interested in ONLY ONE.So what I'd like is one RSS feed PER subforum.
Okay you are correct. There are not RSS feeds for sub forums. This is a request to take up with IPB.

Two things :First : I need to be a client to contact IPB about their product, which I am not, maybe board administrators/site owners should be the one doing it ?Second : I think there are already tools to do what I was suggesting with the existing IPB forum, if you can do rss feeds for forums (which are actualy subforums of the main W3 school forum), there gotta be a way to do it for subforums of those said (sub)forums.Am I wrong ? Maybe a board administrator could answer, it's probably possible to do that without bothering the IPB.Edit : Wait, your a moderator already, do you know how those RSS feeds were made available ?

• 1 month later...

Archived