Firefox 3

vchris

So who downloaded the new Firefox? I installed it yesterday. A few add-ons weren't compatible but the most important are working. I love the new Firefox. Finally fixed that memory leak issue, I like the new address bar, the drag and drop feature. yay mozilla!!

Yep, and they have set a Guinness world record with more than 8 million downloads in 24 hours.I'm using Firefox 3 right now! I love the User Interface! Can't wait until the next version of FF comes out lol.

I contributed to the world record with 3 downloads (2 from the workplace's 2 IPs, one from home) :) But to be honest, I'm not that much impressed. Then again, Firefox has never been a favorite browser of mine, so that coming from me doesn't count for much. I like Opera 9.5 better, from both standards support view, and a consumer view.

I downloaded it but have yet to install or use it. I have been working on installing OpenBSD and KDE on my spare PC and not exactly being UNIX literate haven't figured out how to install it yet. I am ahving fun learning though. The sooner I can eliminate Windows out of my life (except for gaming and at work) then I will have less stress. :)

I downloaded it but have yet to install or use it. I have been working on installing OpenBSD and KDE on my spare PC and not exactly being UNIX literate haven't figured out how to install it yet. I am ahving fun learning though. The sooner I can eliminate Windows out of my life (except for gaming and at work) then I will have less stress. :)
Heh, I dumped Windows several months ago and installed Linux (Ubuntu 7.10). A few months later, I dual-booted my Ubuntu with Unix (Solaris 10) which is now my main operating system. I now enjoy programming on Unix much more than Windows.Anyway, a big improvement on Firefox 3 is "Do you want Firefox to remember this password?". That got so annoying in Firefox 2. Every time I try to login, I got that stupid prompt.

i downloaded firefox 3 earlier today and am using it to post this. its brilliant - much better than v2. just a shame about firebug, but there'll probably be an update soon

I've had firebug working for a while before the release of FFox3, they released a beta version which added FFox3 compatibility, and that's worked perfectly well. Whether the normal release ever caught up I didn't find out. I've got WDT, firebug, colorzilla, fireftp, pdfdownload, screengrab!, and user-agent switcher all running nicely. A good selection I think. :)The best thing in this release is probably either the improved garbage collection, or the "awesome bar". More notably the latter from a user perspective. Definitely a great release.

i was a bit disappointed with the lack of ff3 compatible themes, but i found a few good ones. Hopefully they'll bring out some update 4 the others soon.for ff3 users who like dark themes i'd recommend:Abstract Zune - nice black n' orange styling but leaves that horrid grey on the status barNASA Night Launch - like the black but the grey against black text and buttons are hard to see on an LCD screenPitch Dark - like the black / brown canvas styling. this is the one i'm usin now.once youve got a theme like these youll never want to look at ie again! these also all fit nicely to the windows vista graphite themetheres also a few addons id particularly recommend. firstly All-in-one Sidebar, a gr8 sidebar which looks amazin in a dark theme, then FootieFox, live score updates for football (soccer) fans, and a load of addons 4 the tab system. and FlagFox is quite interesting - it shows where the website your viewing comes from

Yeah! I just downloaded three days ago. I wasn't sure though but now I'm very confortable with it. Many forums are commenting as well about FF3. Firebugs it's working well on me as well. I heart that some have problems with it not only hear, the solution they found was to reinstall ff3 or reinstall the add-ons and that did the trick. :)

Archived