New to developing

Guest marcus314

Guest marcus314

Hello,I'm attempting to deploy a web application on my IIS7 server via godaddy (I'm using IIS6 on XP). However, I've never used IIS and am completely new. I know that the site has tutorials and such, but I'm looking for a very basic introduction and possibly good tutorials to go through. Particularly, how IIS works (virtual directories, web.config, etc.), how to connect to web servers (like godaddy) and deploy web apps, how to setting up database connectivity via SQL Server, etc. I'm completely new to web development. I've done the site's online tutorials of HTML, .NET, and SQL. However, I have yet to put it into practice in my own development.Are there any good books and/or online tutorials anyone can recommend? Any help is recommended.Thanks in advance

If you are writing ASP.Net apps then you don't necesarrily need IIS on your local PC. You can use the Express versions of visual studio to test and debug your apps witht eh builtin web server. Take a look at www.asp.net and watch some of the tutorial videos.

Archived