Access & ASP connection problem

rekki

I read the ADO connection tutorial at http://www.w3schools.com/ado/ado_connect.asp and tried it but I'm getting errors.heres the code, the access db file is called toa.mdb:

<html><head>  <body>  <%	set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")	conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"	conn.Open "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\toa.mdb"  %> </body></head></html>

I get this error:

Error Type:Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)Unspecified error/myhome/vb_test.asp, line 9

Then I tried doing an ODBC connection

<html><head>  <body>  <%	set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 	conn.Open "toa"  %> </body></head></html>

And got this error:

Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data./myhome/vb_test.asp, line 7

I followed the instructions to "An ODBC Connection to an MS Access Database". I have IIS installed, but no admin rights since its a work computer.

The problem can occur only when the data source is opened under the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) or a Microsoft Windows NT service but not under a logged-on user account.
It sounds like an account issue instead of an environment variable issue.

ya it is an account issue, since I don't have admin rights and its a PITA to go through helpdesk to get it here at work, i've been bringing in my laptop and developing on it instead.thanks for the help.

Archived