Missing image in ie6 / 7

djdawkins

Hi AllApologies if this is obvious, I am sort of a newbie to all this. I'm self taught and design sites as a sideline, but want to take it further and am now trying very hard to be standards compliant, but I'm really stuck.The page is at www.chilledworldrecordings.com/trial. I have used an image as a content break as there is not really enough info to justify a separate page, and all is well in firefox, however, with ie...Its the third time I have used the div style and the other two work fine. Originally the image was a .png, thought it might be a photoshop 24 issue so changed it to 8, no joy. Changed it to a gif. Still no joy. Changed it to a background image for a new div style. Still no luck. Have completely recreated the picture and and repeated all of the above - still no joy.My limited brain is now beginning to melt, any help you can offer would be great!Many thanks and please go easy on me!!

Hi AllApologies if this is obvious, I am sort of a newbie to all this. I'm self taught and design sites as a sideline, but want to take it further and am now trying very hard to be standards compliant, but I'm really stuck.The page is at www.chilledworldrecordings.com/trial. I have used an image as a content break as there is not really enough info to justify a separate page, and all is well in firefox, however, with ie...Its the third time I have used the div style and the other two work fine. Originally the image was a .png, thought it might be a photoshop 24 issue so changed it to 8, no joy. Changed it to a gif. Still no joy. Changed it to a background image for a new div style. Still no luck. Have completely recreated the picture and and repeated all of the above - still no joy.My limited brain is now beginning to melt, any help you can offer would be great!Many thanks and please go easy on me!!
it would probably help if i told you where it was supposed to be! Its towards the bottom, between the end of the artist divs and the last line of textThanks

I suggest to put that image as a background of the .breakbox DIV instead of putting it inside the HTML. Besides, it will look more professional (CSS-management-wise) and will optimize your HTML code a little more.Also, remove the display: inline; property, I don't think you need it.Use a GIF instead, sometimes a PNG can weigh more for something so simple.

.breakbox {   background:url(/images/masteredbreak.gif) no-repeat;   position: relative;   height: 50px;   width: 800px;}

Let us know how it goes.

the answer is quite simple and takes only 3 words - ie is useless (i would go a lot farther but theres a swearin filter).i dont quite understand why this is happenin - try forgetting the <div> and use the image on its own.

thanks both for the suggestions, i was getting a bit worried as i could see people looking and no one answering!!!tried no one ever listens idea first, and blow me it works! www.chilledworldrecordings.com/trial/index2.htmI'll try ricardo's when I'm near an image editor and can create a gif . Assuming that works aswell, which is the "best" way to do it? Should I be going down the background route, or does this have accessability issues? Is the goal as little html as possible? I guess this is another topic, sorrystill dont get why it didn't show in the first place though...This is the first forum I've been on, I'll definitely be backThanks again

Archived