Classes/Objects in PHP?

Nick99

Hey, is there such a thing as classes/objects in PHP? What I need is like a data structure with a certain set of defined variables, then be able to make several instances of that structue, like "entities" of some sort, say something like this:

if (empty($entid)){$entid = 1}structure test{	 $var1 = 1	 $var2 = 2	 $var3 = 3}function makeent($ent){	 $ent($entid) //make an instance of test with the name of the variable $entid	 $entid++;}makeent(test)print($test.var1);

So, can someone help me with this?

PHP 5 has quite good OO implementation: http://au2.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.php.

class test {	public $this->var1 = 1;	protected $this->var2 = 2;	private $this->var3 = 3;	function __construct() { }}$test = new test();print $test->var1; // 1$test->var1++;print $test->var1; // 2print $test->var2; // 2$test->var2++; //Errorprint $test->var3; //Error$test_2 = new test();print $test_2->var1; //1

Cool, thanks, but one more thing. How would I make the class with the value of a variable?Oh, that won't work because you can't have variable names starting with numbersThis

class test {	  public $this->var1 = 5;	  public $this->var2 = 0;	  public $this->hands = "taco";	  function __construct {}}

gave me Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting ',' or ';' in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\battleengine.php on line 5

This...gave meParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting ',' or ';' in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\battleengine.php on line 5
Oops sorry :) you only use the $this reserved variable when calling the test's vars from its methods. E.g.
class test {	  public $var1 = 5;	  public $var2 = 0;	  public $hands = "taco";	  function __construct {}	  function showHands() {		   echo $this->hands;	  }}

Cool, thanks, but one more thing. How would I make the class with the value of a variable?Oh, that won't work because you can't have variable names starting with numbers
You can make instances have any name you want. Indirection can be used too.
class test() {	public $var1 = 1;}$name = "myTest";$$name = new test();$property = "var1";echo $myTest->$property; //1

Archived