My first try

Well... I've just finished my first website template, and I know that it looks horrible, but I'd like to get some feedback.I'm already working on v2, which will include a sidebar, better text formatting, and shadows.http://totalgames.evonet.ro/21122012

Not bad. I like the background. The links could stand out better. Space out the text in the center. Other than that, looks very professional. 8.5/10.P.S. Check your markup. I checked your XHTML Validation link at the bottom and you have 2 errors. The CSS validation link just takes me to the validator so look into that too.

Thanks for the feedback!Like I said, the next version will have a better text formatting (I also admit that the actual one looks lame, but I just can't match the damn fonts :( )Thanks for checking the validation. I've validated both of them from file, and the XHTML was validated before making the last changes. I'll re-validate the package and update the links :)Looking forward for more feedback from you, guys. :)Later Edit...I've corrected the mistakes in the XHTML code, and added the referrer for CSS. It should work now :)

Ok! I'm still working at my sidebar, but here is it: the second version of my first template :) I'd really appreciate some feedback :)As I promised, v2 has shadows, the text formatting is definitely an improvement, and the sidebar has to come. I've played the entire day with the colours, and it took me about ten minutes to code the whole template.http://totalgames.evonet.ro/21122012

The links aren't very obvious. Make them bigger with a higher contrast.Similariyl, the text is just a bit small for me.Also, there are some problems with the footer in FF (3).Finally, what about an image in the header?

I'll make the contrast bigger. I'll use a darker grey.I like the small text, so I'll have to think about changing it.If the problem in the footer is that the COPYRIGHT blends with the background, there's no problem. I wanted it to be that way.I'll think about the image in the header.Thanks for your feedback.P.S.: How about Ctrl+Scroll @text? :)Later Edit...I've made the navigation's contrast bigger. I used #868686.I'm thinking of learning how to install an icon for controlling the text's size (ex.: those A^ icons in Joomla! and phpBB 3). It's JavaScript, right?The copyright won't be changed.And an image in the header looks like it's needed.

Q: Does this mean that you like the page, but you don't like the yellow tone, or that you don't like the page, but you like the yellow? English is not my first language, so I kinda misinterpret these things :)Anyways, I made some updates:

• Added header lighting effectChanged navigation's color (now I think it's pretty obvious that it's there :) )Fixed some sidebar problemsAdded sidebar title

I'll try to fix that, though I can't find another color right now.Can you show me a nice tone of yellow? I'll consider it, and perhaps implement it.I'm already working on another web template, a way better one :) Stay tuned!Later Edit...Currently working on a WP version of this template. It's kinda hard, but I'll take a week off, and I'll have enough time to study some of the references out there on the web!

• 2 weeks later...

I've fixed the problems. Still working on the sidebar formatting. Overall, I like the result :)

Archived