Just need some feedback...

keturahuriel

Hey. My previous site (lunaris.site88.net) got accidentally deleted and I (of course) had my only backups on my flash drive which got stolen two days prior. SO now I have a personal storesite that is a definite work in progress and I have my store which I am currently designing the pages for. I just have a few questions for everyone who replies:1: What browser do you use and does the site go wonky in it?2: Do you like the color scheme and/or do you have any suggestions as to that area?3: Do you have any suggestions in general?That is all for now, and thank you VERY MUCH. Here it is...Updated: 7/25/08

Right off the top:Stop the blinking. It's a 1994 flashback.Add some sort of border, even a barely visible one, to the scrolling div we talked about. A scrollbar hanging in space is an odd thing.Firefox 3 MAC

Opera 9.5 - Looks fine, not a big fan of the background color, but this monitor is bright anyways. Think the DIV border is a bit off color-wise, or maybe just too thick. Maybe add some padding inside the div too, so the text isnt touching border.IE6 - looks the sameNot going to bother loading in FF3, as it was done above(even if different OS).All reviews done in Windows XP.

Using FF3 on WinXPThe background within your boxes doesn't extend all the way and the boxes seem to be misaligned. I think you may have messed something up when you redid your site.

Hokay. I fixed it and now the text is at the bottom of the page. How do I fix that?here's my stylesheet(it's not done though...) As of 7/25/08

body {  color: #009999;  margin: 12px;  background: #003399;}a:link {	color: #3399FF;}a:visited {	color: #3366FF;}#header {  font-size: 24px;}#main {  margin-top: 100px;  background: #990000;}#sidebar {  border-right: 2px double #003366;  float: left;  padding: 10px;  width: 200px;}#sidebar2 {  float: right;  width: 159px;  border: solid #0099ff;}#content {  margin: 0 160 0 240;}ol {  list-style-type: lower-greek;}ul {  list-style: square;}p.top {  color: #3399ff;}

First af all, avoid black backgrounds at all cost. And many of the grey tones.Second, the color combination is kinda wierd and it punishes my eyes, if you know what I mean.The text should have a right and left margin (I usually go for 1cm both but it is subjective. play around with the values for the margins).The font seems to be "Times New Roman". It may look ok at first, but it actually sucks (you'll see later). Try something like Arial 11px/12px for the paragraphs, and a Georgia (no matter what the size is) for the heading.You should work more on the layout (layout, not colors). The nav (top), for example, looks ugly, and the contrast is small, which is not a good treatment to my eyes.And I know that the navigation menus are created using lists, but not that kind of lists :) Try learning how to change the listing image, and use one of your own.Style the links. That blue with that purple looks ugly.Validate your pages. It will help a lot.There are some problems around there, fix them, and it will get pretty good. The main structure is very good.

The first one you've posted :)P.S.: Wtf is going on?!? Keturah is not working, and neither does Nathan's. Do I miss something?!? :)

Hokay, I updated the links and now My webhost says that since I'm a free account, I can only have one site until I make a minimum 5 us$ donation... :) :) :):(:) Anyways, I am working on making it on 110mb and I'll post it when I deem it fit for criticism...

Archived