My first website

JC5

I no its not done yet but go to devwebsites.com/forums/install I am puttin forums on there and it doesn't display css. anyway to go devwebsites.com and tell me what u think. its not done yet so dont bother with that area. just tell me how u like the design

Opera 9.5: Cannot load several images, which makes it look too generic. IE6: Again, having issues loading background.gif and several other files. Doesn't completely load, ever...Overall it seems generic. But I cannot give a true rating since 5 images didnt load.

With opera it worked fine for me. IE7 works fine. FF3 works fine. I dont bother with IE6 because by the time my website is ready for views that version will be long outdated with the release of IE8...

Ok please everyone check out my site now. I did alot of workdevwebsites.comcheck out forums and all the tabs see if you see something you dont like and stuff..

Ok, what you need to work on is have WAY less boards...start off with 3 maybe 4 because when I go to a site if I see 5 or more empty boards it makes me leave right away because I know I wont get responses.Just an idea but maybe do something like:General, ProgrammingMake your site very broad, then when you get more users add a couple more boards to where they aren't like 20 empty boards like I stated. You will know when you need a new board because if you see like 50 php posts in programming, you will know that you need a seperate php board and move all the posts there, and then just make it all up as you go. I am not trying to insult your website or make you feel bad about it...you are doing great. I thought I would just warn you of the experiences I've had from 4 faild websites so far.Overall:Very Nice.

There are some problems.In the text areas, both the background and the text colour are white, so if I make a mistake, I can't see and correct it. The same problem with the radio buttons.Also, check Wikipedia for site maps. The site map isn't the first page.You should make a header which blends with the pattern you used for the titles' background (ex.: Please Login)In the main navigation, there should be a link to the Forums.The Add to favourite button does not work.The Reasons for why this site is better than the rests is superficial. I guess Most Recently Updated Articles is not updated by PHP. In this case, it will be hard for you to keep up (in fact, you won't, if there will be more than 30 active users). Also, there should be a link to each of them (I won't search the forums for the specified article)In the footer, the time display is not working (in fact, no JS is working on that page)Overall: fix the problems above, add another box in the left side of the template, add the advertisments, and it will be nice.

I no the site map isnt the first page. If i havent created the page yet then i set the default to the home page lol ^^I am currently trying to get the add favorites to work i also noticed that doesnt work. I have alsoo noticed on the forms that the text is white so im workin on all this stuff tomorrow and im trying to also edit forums and ill post back here tomorrow and get further review ^^. Hows it lookin so far .23.2.34.23.42.

In the main navigation, there should be a link to the Forums.The Reasons for why this site is better than the rests is superficial.I guess Most Recently Updated Articles is not updated by PHP. In this case, it will be hard for you to keep up (in fact, you won't, if there will be more than 30 active users). Also, there should be a link to each of them (I won't search the forums for the specified article)
Yes I no there should be a link however I am currently doing google adsense and have been denied twice. They said for lack of content so I am just trying to get stuff on there ^^. I am going to be doing articles when my other small projects on the site are done. Theres one thing annoying me when I login i need to change Welcome Guest to 'username' Not hard and I think get php function but still...so time consuming. I work on my site like 4 hours a day and thers so much to do..

I no the site map isnt the first page. If i havent created the page yet then i set the default to the home page lol ^^
Usually, the address for the things which are not working is http://devwebsites.com/# :)
I am currently trying to get the add favorites to work i also noticed that doesnt work. I have alsoo noticed on the forms that the text is white so im workin on all this stuff tomorrow and im trying to also edit forums and ill post back here tomorrow and get further review ^^.
You should check the JS for the page. About the white text, the easiest way is to download Dreamweaver, and fix it using the design.
Theres one thing annoying me when I login i need to change Welcome Guest to 'username' Not hard and I think get php function but still...so time consuming. I work on my site like 4 hours a day and thers so much to do..
That's the IPB's login screen. You should try searching for tips on how to make a bridge with myBB. That's the easiest way.I hope the final result will satisfy you :)

Yes, mate, the hand code is recommended, but for these small things, my opinion is that it's not worth it.

I'm working right now on makin the text in the forms white and I'm having trouble finding the div. someone gotomy site and help me? devwebsites.com ty

It sounds like you are hand coding every single thing on every page...that is not very good. Why not have includes and all of that? What you might try doing is put <body text="COLOR OR HEX COLOR HERE"> at the top where your body section starts?

Archived