Automated email

unplugged_web

Why not? Just have another email call with the address they supplied in the to parameter.

No, you can put anything you want in the subject parameter.

mail($_POST['email'], "Thank you for contacting OurBusiness", "Blah", "From <thehappyappy@ourbusiness.com>\r\n");

No, you can put anything you want in the subject parameter.
mail($_POST['email'], "Thank you for contacting OurBusiness", "Blah", "From <thehappyappy@ourbusiness.com>\r\n");

This is what I've got to send the information from the form:
<?php$message = "Name: {$_POST['name']}\nEmail: {$_POST['email']}\nTelephone: {$_POST['telephone']}\nCurrent Job Title: {$_POST['current_job_title']}\nAddress: {$_POST['address']}\nCity: {$_POST['city']}\nPostcode: {$_POST['postcode']}\nCountry: {$_POST['country']}\nYour Name: {$_POST['your_name']}\nYour Email: {$_POST['your_email']}\n-fuser@ourbusiness.com";ini_set("sendmail_from", 'thehappyappy@ourbusiness.com');mail("thehappyappy@ourbusiness.com","contact via refer a friend form","$message");?>

would I just add

to the end of it?Also is it possible to specify a header as well as subject?Thanks

would I just add

to the end of it?

Yes, but as you set the from address in php.ini you don't need the from header. If you do want to add it I wrote it wrong it should be "From: thehappyappy <thehappyappy@ourbusiness.com>\r\n"
Also is it possible to specify a header as well as subject?
Yes, why not?
mail($_POST['email'], "Thank you for contacting OurBusiness", "Blah", "Header1:value\r\nheader2:value\r\n");

Yes, but as you set the from address in php.ini you don't need the from header. If you do want to add it I wrote it wrong it should be "From: thehappyappy <thehappyappy@ourbusiness.com>\r\n"Yes, why not?
mail($_POST['email'], "Thank you for contacting OurBusiness", "Blah", "Header1:value\r\nheader2:value\r\n");

Thanks, where do I specify what the header1 and header2 are?

Well, say you wanted to send content-type and reply-to headers, then you could do

mail($_POST['email'], "Thank you for contacting OurBusiness", "Blah", "content-type:text/html\r\nreply-to:help@ourbusiness.com\r\n");

Archived