Prompt works in FF but not IE

SmokingMan

The script I wrote prompts a user for their name and then displays it with a message on the page, very simple. It works fine in FF, but in IE, I get the "blocked content" warning along the top of the window. When I tell it to go ahead and run the blocked script, the prompt is not displayed. Is there a way to work around this security feature in IE? All this is is a simple "window.prompt".

Before you hit the OK button o hte prompt (using IE of course) press and hold LEFT-CTRL, then click OK while still holding CTRL. Does it work now??? If so it is just your popup blocker interfering with the code...you can capture this and display a message tot he user telling them they need to disable their popup blockers before they can use this...

I found the problem. My wife (God bless her) installed "My Web Search" which has a thing called PopSwatter. Once I turned it off, it displayed the content after I told IE that it was okay to run the script. It only affects IE, not FF. Which is good since I use FF 99% of the time anyway....give me strength :)