Advide: PHP Calculations with Excel input

Lonig

((Subject should say Advice: sorry about the typo. can't seem to find a way to edit subject.))I've run out of idea's on this one. I know it can be done, but I'm not sure the best route to do it.I have excel data.I have php, asp, mysql(and sql) available to me.I need to take the data from Excel, and have it displayed in a webpage after doing calculations. I need to be able to upload a csv or similar type file(not necessarily an excel file specicially). I don't care if it gets stored into a database, or if it just generates the website only. The data in question will have to be deleted before each running of the page anyway, so if it stores it, it's not a benefit.Example of excel:NAME | AGE | GENDERTim | 12 | MaleBob | 16 | MaleSue | 16 | FemaleExample of website:There is 1 Female, and 2 Males.The average age is 14.7.The average age of males is 14.Any advice would be great. Just not sure the best route to start with.

Check out this php function: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php Be sure to look at the example. If you go this route, no DB needed.
Excellent. I kept doing google for excel, instead of csv. Silly me. Yet another reason I hope to talk my current employer into using php. Or at least install it so i can :)Thanks yet again Deirdre's Dad.

Archived