Company Site

Kovo

You clearly know more about web development and design than I do, but here are my comments.1. The design looks good and very professional. I really like the stylish underline hover effect on the navigation, the different colors and the numbered text is refreshing.2. The drag feature works fine for me, but I don't really see the point of it, but I'm guessing it's just a test.3. The website loaded rather slow for me, at least when I first clicked your link. Loading the pages from the navigation is slow too, but faster than the initial load. Guess this could be the server or the connection.4. The only thing I don't think fits is the background. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it's because looks so organic compared to the look of the rest of the site. That and I think it's a tad to dark, so the contrast between it and the content becomes too hard, and it sort of swallows the dark gray 'info box' on the right side.Just my thoughts...

You clearly know more about web development and design than I do, but here are my comments.1. The design looks good and very professional. I really like the stylish underline hover effect on the navigation, the different colors and the numbered text is refreshing.2. The drag feature works fine for me, but I don't really see the point of it, but I'm guessing it's just a test.3. The website loaded rather slow for me, at least when I first clicked your link. Loading the pages from the navigation is slow too, but faster than the initial load. Guess this could be the server or the connection.4. The only thing I don't think fits is the background. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it's because looks so organic compared to the look of the rest of the site. That and I think it's a tad to dark, so the contrast between it and the content becomes too hard, and it sort of swallows the dark gray 'info box' on the right side.Just my thoughts...
Never short change yourself, that my philosophy. Understanding more is just a matter of time :)Thanks for your constructive criticism!The drag feature is in-progress. Right now you just drag over certain part s of the page and some info shows with music, but in the future it will be much more interactive.As for background I too am iffy about it, but we cant seem to find a just alternative at the moment, Thanks for the comments though! Much appreciated.

The layout and design is very nice. Good use of SEO techniques (intext links, header tags, etc.). A little too much javascript for my ideal situation but the results are impressive.Content is good but a couple things to comment on:

• I like your IE 6 fix comment (get with the times) - lol - you spelled dice with two c's
  • Once you get into the portfolio section, you do loose a little flow. Maybe something as sublte as "Portfolio : itBeaches" might re-enforce where you are to the user.
  • I'm not a big fan of small (two or three) person shops writing content that makes them out to be a much alrger organization. Its a little misleading and having done that in the past, I've actually lost business or have had a much hard time closing deals as a result. For instance, your R&D Division page could be rewritten to leave outthe word "Division" and just say "Pezus R&D investigates and experiments...". What I've learned is to not present yourself as something you are not - you end having to explain that to the people when they look at you with "that look". Don't be shy about admitting you are a two or three person team. Work it as your advantage - no bureaucracy, highly attentive, in touch with needs, no loss of translation, etc.
  • You should definitely get SOMETHING up on the dynalog page - with it being featured and being a main focal point on the Innovation page, I want to see what is so innovating - especially because my interest is drawn with the idea that you have this innovation that might be the one thing I am missing.
  • lol - good strong poses on yoru Team page. Pics a little dark and smiles would be more welcoming - I might get the impression that you are going to tell me what I need.
  • err, can't stand the phrase "ping us" but that's my problem... I wouldn't mention that you do not have a phyisical office. Get a P.O. Box (they have them in Canada I assume) and spin this too - "we will come to your office to meet with you - we feel it gives us a better understanding of your needs and your environment - helps us learn more and appreicate your business". Something like works well - and when I did do that (as I did with all my clients) it really does pay off - you do get a better understanding of the client from so many perspectives

On a final note/suggestion, I understand the reason for having the click and drag - you want to showcase a cool widget someone can put on their page. There are two problems with this:

• it resents from page to page since its page specific.
  • it has no purpose. If it did, then I might be able to see how I could use it - which would keep me interested in you more

So, my suggestion here is to first figure out a way to keep the same box (layer) open and in the place it was left on each successive page load. Then, to add some purpose to it, make it a small note pad where you would suggest taking notes on the things you like about the site. Have a submit button with an input for a reply to e-mail and you have a floating contact us form. I can go into specifics about how this could be technically accomplished, but the point is that even if I ignore it, at least I can place functionality with the feature. I would be more likely to say, "ahh, I wouldn;t put a contact us form there, I want to put a featured product there or our product alerts there."That's all I have right now. I like your site and you seem to be on your way to a good start. It seems you've got two years under you belt - the first five are most important. Don't over extend yourself - don't get sucked into one client giving you 80% of your business and keep up the hard work.Nice job

The layout and design is very nice. Good use of SEO techniques (intext links, header tags, etc.). A little too much javascript for my ideal situation but the results are impressive.Content is good but a couple things to comment on:
  • I like your IE 6 fix comment (get with the times) - lol - you spelled dice with two c's
  • Once you get into the portfolio section, you do loose a little flow. Maybe something as sublte as "Portfolio : itBeaches" might re-enforce where you are to the user.
  • I'm not a big fan of small (two or three) person shops writing content that makes them out to be a much alrger organization. Its a little misleading and having done that in the past, I've actually lost business or have had a much hard time closing deals as a result. For instance, your R&D Division page could be rewritten to leave outthe word "Division" and just say "Pezus R&D investigates and experiments...". What I've learned is to not present yourself as something you are not - you end having to explain that to the people when they look at you with "that look". Don't be shy about admitting you are a two or three person team. Work it as your advantage - no bureaucracy, highly attentive, in touch with needs, no loss of translation, etc.
  • You should definitely get SOMETHING up on the dynalog page - with it being featured and being a main focal point on the Innovation page, I want to see what is so innovating - especially because my interest is drawn with the idea that you have this innovation that might be the one thing I am missing.
  • lol - good strong poses on yoru Team page. Pics a little dark and smiles would be more welcoming - I might get the impression that you are going to tell me what I need.
  • err, can't stand the phrase "ping us" but that's my problem... I wouldn't mention that you do not have a phyisical office. Get a P.O. Box (they have them in Canada I assume) and spin this too - "we will come to your office to meet with you - we feel it gives us a better understanding of your needs and your environment - helps us learn more and appreicate your business". Something like works well - and when I did do that (as I did with all my clients) it really does pay off - you do get a better understanding of the client from so many perspectives

On a final note/suggestion, I understand the reason for having the click and drag - you want to showcase a cool widget someone can put on their page. There are two problems with this:

• it resents from page to page since its page specific.
  • it has no purpose. If it did, then I might be able to see how I could use it - which would keep me interested in you more

So, my suggestion here is to first figure out a way to keep the same box (layer) open and in the place it was left on each successive page load. Then, to add some purpose to it, make it a small note pad where you would suggest taking notes on the things you like about the site. Have a submit button with an input for a reply to e-mail and you have a floating contact us form. I can go into specifics about how this could be technically accomplished, but the point is that even if I ignore it, at least I can place functionality with the feature. I would be more likely to say, "ahh, I wouldn;t put a contact us form there, I want to put a featured product there or our product alerts there."That's all I have right now. I like your site and you seem to be on your way to a good start. It seems you've got two years under you belt - the first five are most important. Don't over extend yourself - don't get sucked into one client giving you 80% of your business and keep up the hard work.Nice job

Wow, awesome response!Most helpful by-far (but Im loving other posts as well).Ill most definitly be taking some of your suggestions and implementing them right away.Really appreciate the time you took to type all that, shows a lot. Cheers!

Archived