formatting a number for dollars in javascript

DickDeeds

Hi all,If I have a number like 300, how do I format that to show 300.00? I handle bad numbers like 300.138723 using: x=Math.round(Number(document.frm_journal_entry.debit1.value)*100)/100; document.frm_journal_entry.debit1=x;but cannot find a function like instr to look for a period.Any help would be apprecieated.TIADickDeeds

Global function. Like parseInt, it takes a number in string form (like you'd get out of a text input) and turns it into a number. It truncates at the first non-number character, but doesn't truncate digits, so parseFloat ("1.33333 is my name") returns 1.33333.

Global function. Like parseInt, it takes a number in string form (like you'd get out of a text input) and turns it into a number. It truncates at the first non-number character, but doesn't truncate digits, so parseFloat ("1.33333 is my name") returns 1.33333.
Also, if you had "12.500000" and you ran parseFloat on it, you'd come back with "12.5" rather than "12.50" which would be expected for US currency. I believe toFixed is the way to go.