blog application

roondog

I have just finished developing the first version of my blog application. Please have a look at it, test it out and let me know what you think. It's very simple at the moment so please don't slate me for that.Oh yeah you can find it here

Very basic, yes... then again, I like the fact it loads extremely fast. If it loads at the same speed even with 10000+ articles, it would be superior then most other blog systems out there at least in performance sence.I suppose as you add features, it will become just as slow. So, a suggestion to keep it neat - when you later add features, allow for the blog admin to enable/disable them somehow.Typical features I'd like to see are some sort of XHTML or BBCode support in comments, presenting the number of existing comments on an article, and an optional email field in the comment box that would allow the blog admin to reply to commenters if needed without them exposing their email in public.The "Submit Query" button on the comment box should probably be renamed to something more appropriate like "Submit comment" I think.As far as the design goes, I think a gradient or two won't hurt. I'm not much of a good designer myself, so I can't really suggest anything in particular.

Interesting - I'm actually developing my own blog system at the moment, and some of the features I think are quite good but easy to add would be:* Human-readable links, not numbers (e.g. /hoth-version-1.0-arrives instead of /?storynum=1)* Pagination and "read more" - what if you post a really long item?* Number of comments* Linked titles* Author identification* Categories* RSS - can be dynamically generated and doesn't have to be "burnt"

Archived