I need help with cPanel

JC5

This didnt fit in General, or HTML or CSS or anything so Ima post here.I am using google applications (starting it) and I am setting up email for the users to be able to use for my website and it says I must do this:Changing CNAME recordTo use the custom URL home.devwebsites.com, you must change the CNAME record with your domain host. Sign in to your domain hosting service.Navigate to your DNS Management page. The location and name of this page will vary by host, but can generally be found in Domain Management or Advanced Settings.Find the CNAME settings and enter the following as the CNAME value or alias: homeSet the CNAME destination to the following address: ghs.google.comSave changes with your domain host and click "I've completed these steps" below. When finished, click on "I've completed these steps" to have Google check your CNAME recordI can not find the DNS Management page. Whoever here has cPanel who can help me that would be much appreciated.

Guest FirefoxRocks

Which version of cPanel are you using? I can't find that option in cPanel 11, not that I need it or anything, but I don't know what you are talking about.

Which version of cPanel are you using? I can't find that option in cPanel 11, not that I need it or anything, but I don't know what you are talking about.
I think its cpanel 10 off memory..it should be a pretty updated version because i made the site with hostgator.com on july 4th :)

They aren't talking about cPanel. DNS management doesn't have anything to do with cPanel.

Sign in to your domain hosting service.Navigate to your DNS Management page. The location and name of this page will vary by host, but can generally be found in Domain Management or Advanced Settings.
They want you to sign into your domain registration account and update your nameservers. Whoever you bought your domain name from should have a control panel that you can log into to update the DNS records for the domain. If you can't find out how to do that then ask support where you bought the name from.

Its way too much trouble to want to do that. Only thing I wanted from google aps is to create an email database with it not having google in the address bar. Instead to change it to mail.devwebsites.com i would have to change it. I decided to take that stuff out but I will most certainly remember this advice

Archived