Layers without using css?

Podman

I want to you and image and put links in certain places within the image, but It is not possible to use CSS so I can't use layers to put the links ontoop on eth image. Is it possible to do something similar without using css?

It's not possible, what kind of page are you developing that can't use CSS?
A friend has a web page that he wants to send as an email newsletter. The only issue is I can't just convert the page to a jpg and embed it in an email becaus ethere are a few links in eth page. He doesn't want to loose the links. For some reason outlook on a pc doesn't seem to like css, the page end up with eth links all after the image at the bottom.I'm a bit stumped how to sort it for him now :S

You can cut the image into pieces and fit them together making some of them links. It's not something I'd do, but it's the only thing that can be done without CSS.Something like this:

-----------------|			   ||	Image 1	|-----------------|  |Link |	  |-----------------|  |Link |	  |-----------------|			   |-----------------

Agreed, CSS is quite easy. The css bit isn't the issue, I did it in Css, but the email software woudln't accept it.I'm glad to say the image map has done the trick perfectly :)Thanks for all your help. Very much appreciated.

When creating html for emails, css has some limitations which you can review the entire list here for every possible types of major email clients via operating system or online. Coding Email TemplatesNow it's possible to take an existing CSS layout webpage design and convert it over to email friendly template but you may say to yourself that it going to require alot of work and time to get it done. Nevertheless, it can be done but there is one tool that should be a great asset that will save you much work and time in converting your webpage over to a email template: PreMailerBefore using Premailer, the first thing you should do is take out all the javascript, google ads, ect. that will not likely transfer well or cause errors.You simply enter the url of the page you want to convert over to an email template and then hit submit. After the process is done, it will display some possible problems which you may or may not need to fix. Thereafter, just click on the link and it will display the converted email page in the browser. You just simply view the source and get the code or save the page to a location on your computer. You then import the email template onto your email client.Keep in mind that not all email clients will render the email template the same but it should get it relatively close.

Archived