cURL, how do I use it and will it work?

unplugged_web

I'm trying to write a curl function that will take the the information (name and number) from a form and send them to a remote url then send the user to the next page. I've never used curl before so would be grateful for any help that you can give.From my understanding I would need something like

<?php$name = strval($_GET['name']);$number = substr($_GET['number'],1);$ch = curl_init();curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,"http://www.remoteurl.com/results.php?password=1234&name=$name&number=44$number");curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_GET, 1);curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_GETFIELDS);//result$result = curl_exec($ch);curl_close($ch);?>

The form looks like this:

<form action="" method="get" name="user" id="user" onSubmit="MM_validateForm('number','','RisNum');return document.MM_returnValue">Please your name.	  <br>	    <br><label>  <br />  <label>Name  <input type="text" name="name" id="name" />  </label>  <br /><label>Number<input type="text" name="number" id="number" />  </label>  <br /><input name="submit" type="submit" />  </form>

but how do I incorporate the curl into the form and then send the user to the next page?Thanks

Archived