need help creating a less time consuming picture viewer

jcc5018

Hello, I am attempting to update my webpage which is an online portfolio of projects Ive worked on over the years. I have a lot of AutoCAD files that I had taken screen shots of and I am attempting to make a flash viewer of these shots using Flash CS3. I also made a set of links for my other projects and the rest of the site. Now i figured out how to make a decent thumbnail and viewer thing and how to insert it into dreamweaver, But I was hoping that maybe someone would know a faster way to do what i need to do to make the rest of my page. Right now the way I set this up was i imported all the pictures i needed, then i copied them to the workspace and made them all an inch by inch for the tumbnailsthen I had to make all of them buttons to make them so i could change the brightness to 20% when you roll over them. But to change the brightness I had to create another symbol to make it a graphic, while in the button editing mode. After i set up the buttons for all the pictures, I then went through and made a seperate fram for the bigger view pictures, along with a caption. But some of my pictures i wanted to have the option to enlarge them to allow for a better view since they are house plans. Well to do this, I had to make the pictures into another button symbol, that i had a "click to enlarge" label shown when you roll over the picture, and then when u press down, it gets bigger. But you have to hold the button for it to stay like that. Also, I think it would be better if I made the enlarged picture stay like that. I guess I could technically do that by just adding another frame and linking to it with the button. So here are my problems. Although it isnt too hard to do all that, it is very time consumming to have to do it for each and every picture, and for all of my projects. I saw that there is a way to swap buttons and stuff, but since i start by having just the jpgs not yet converted to buttons, that doesnt work. I want a way that I can swap the pictures for each symbol in a new page, so that they will take on the same attributes I placed on the previous buttons and graphics. For example, I can make one button with the brightness that increases to 20% when rolled over, and then just copy that and change the picture, hoping that it will change it for every keyframe using it. Is this possible?Here is the link to the one Page I have completed.http://www.personal.psu.edu/jcc5018/House3.htmAlso, if you check out that page you will notice that I have a lot of links so i needed to make a button to bring up a new set of thumbnails. That works I guess, but what i really wanted was something that would scroll the selection of thumbnails, without changing the picture currently displayed above. I tried doint that by making the whole set of thumbnails a graphic and then setting its own timeline to go to frame 9 when clicked, but when i do that, it goes to frame 9 on the main scene also, so that didnt really work right. And one other side question regarding the link bar at the top. I figured out how to make that red bar expand and display the links to my other projects, and then i figured out that by adding another bar in the same location on another layer, I could set an action that when someone rolls off the bar it would disappear. Well that all worked fine, untill i started trying to add the links to the bar. When i clicked to open the bar, I would move my mouse to try and select a link, and the bar would disappear before i could even move an inch. I ended up changing it that u had to click the bar for it to disappear but i really would prefer my roll off option. Any ideas on why it was doing that? Anyway, thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Im also welcom for suggestions or comments on the asthetics of the page as well. (anything i should add, or take off to make it look the best it can)Here are links to the two other pages i converted to use the flashhttp://www.personal.psu.edu/jcc5018/house2.htmhttp://www.personal.psu.edu/jcc5018/house1.htmThanks,Jon

Archived