shadowayex

C++

Well, I'm having troubles working with socketing, so I basically gave up on that for a while. I don't know how to make a windows client (CLIENT not SERVER, no one seems to understand that one). Anyways, I'm trying to make it so I have different functions in separate files and using those files as need be. I just don't know how. I tried saving in txt documents and including them, like I do in PHP, but that didn't work. I'm now considering making each it's own .exe file, but I'm sure that would just launch a new command prompt each time, which wouldn't work for obvious reasons :). Any pointers?

C++ uses header files, which you can store information like that in. It's a little different than PHP though, you don't just write the regular C++ code in a header file and include it. You use header files to define things like classes and function prototypes.http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1798.asp

Nice, where did you start learning C++ anyway? There are a couple of regular errors in there, caps its a case-sensitive language, along with a couple of semi-colons missing or im just not looking properly.

Nice, where did you start learning C++ anyway?
C++ was the intro language at my university for the Computer Science curriculum.
There are a couple of regular errors in there, caps its a case-sensitive language, along with a couple of semi-colons missing or im just not looking properly.
If that's in reference to the link I posted above, there very well might be errors in the code. I didn't check it.