Sign in to follow this  
Fire Dragon

<marquee> question

I have two questions about marquee code.So here they are:1.Can I make same kind code than <marquee>,but only vertical direction?And how?2.Do <marquee> code make something about image's transparency in Fire Fox?I made transparency image,but it was white in Fire Fox,and transparency in Opera.Thanks.

I have two questions about marquee code.So here they are:1.Can I make same kind code than <marquee>,but only vertical direction?And how?2.Do <marquee> code make something about image's transparency in Fire Fox?I made transparency image,but it was white in Fire Fox,and transparency in Opera.Thanks.

<marquee direction="up">Text</marquee>I don't know about the transparency thing. Also, for a lot of extra things like marquees and things, go to draac.com.

While you can use marquee, I wouldn't recommend it. You should use javascript instead to achieve effects like that.

marquee has been depreciated by w3c and is no longer recommended for use...if you want standards compliant code anyways.

If you want to learn the JS on your own you can go to javascriptmall.com. It all has to do with strings and loops I think. It's rather complicated, at least at first. I can't do it on my own yet. I don't know about you. aspnetguy is right though, you shouldn't use marquee because of it's deprecation. If I were you i'd get into xhtml and use that from now on coupled with JavaScript.

although the marquee tag is no longer used I think it would be interesting to compare how the html tag compares to the javascript equivalent based on performace and efficiency.My guess is that the javascript will take longer to load and it will constantly 'hold' the page which will affect performance as well.

Sigh...Maybe I must use that marquee,because it is simpler than JS code,shorter and works with all browsers,unlike that rumkin.com's.However,I might set it wrong.Thanks anyway.