Adding "add to my favourites"!

darknightelor

Hello all!I was wondering if there's a command to add to the page of "add to my favourites", which means, when a visitor will click it, the page will automatically be added to his favourites. I just wanna use it to make up for the usage of "Frames" which sometimes gives adding to favourites a hard time.If there's any explanation about this in W3schools, please link me to it, I couldn't find any.Thank you!

I've never gotten much into that, but quick googling gives me a few individual browser codes. I'm not exactly sure if they work.Internet Explorer only: window.external.AddFavorite(url, title);Firefox only: window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url,"");I really don't recommend this for several reasons:

• It's hardly compatible with any browsers.
  • If people want to add a page to their favourites they already know how to do it without help of your button.
  • It relies on Javascript, which will leave the user with a useless button on the page if its disabled.

It's a script that uses the two methods I mentioned before with an extra part for Opera:

var elem = document.createElement('a');	elem.setAttribute('href',url);	elem.setAttribute('title',title);	elem.setAttribute('rel','sidebar');	elem.click();

Apparently, it creates a link to the page, that has "sidebar" as the "rel" attribute, and then clicks on it.It's another browser specific feature.