New site

Natechs

Hey everyone.Preferred Deck Systems is the website for my grandparents buisness. I looked at it and I saw that it was loaded with tables. So I thought I would spruce it up.Here is my version: Voila!They should be looking at it soon.Comments wanted.Nathan

Nice and plain, with good images in the header. I'm sure they will love it.One small issue I noticed was the 'jumping' of the Menu on-hover. Place a border-bottom of the same size as the on-hover border, but the same colour as the background to the a links. Then the on-hover will only change the border-bottom to the black/dotted styling and avoid the 'jumping'.Also, you might want to look at something like the Hoverbox Image Gallery from http://sonspring.com for a photo gallery instead of the multiple pages. Opening all those pages is not required and might scare some folks.

Guest FirefoxRocks

Nice and simple design. Quite good I'd say.One thing I've noticed in the XHTML source code is this:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="application/xhtml+xml; charset=iso-8859-1" />

It doesn't work as application/xhtml+xml just so you know :)

Very nice. Overall a very well put together website. I do agree with the above comments, but just one thing in my opinion is the page title. When it scrolls it's alittle distracting. But like it said, a well put together website overall.I'm sure your grandparents will love it,youngwebmaster

• 4 weeks later...

Thats really nice of you to do that. I'm making a website for my dad also. Its pretty good, but kind of generic for the whole construction companies thing. Spruce it up change it up, make it appealing. What I would do is go to the freecsstemplates website and edit theirs and come up with a good one. All in all, good but a little bit generic.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this topic was started a lil while ago and not sure if your still working on it but the two things I noticed and one may have been intentional was the home link directing somewhere else and also on the FAQ page it all runs together maybe either a line break in between them or going with a bolt/italic font or some difference between the question and the answer to break it up.

Archived