invalid character??

dennisa

just look at my code>>html<html><body><h1>query_nip</h1><hr>input nip<p><form method="POST" action="query_display.asp"><p>nip <input name="nip"><p><input type="Submit" value="SHOW"></form></body></html>>>asp<html><body><h1>display_Query</h1><hr>example :<p><table border="1" width="100%"><%set conn=server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.provider="Microsoft.JET.OLEDB.4.0"conn.open server.mappath("dbkelas.mdb")nip=request.form("nip")set rs=server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")rs.open "select * from tkelas where nip like '"&nip&"' ",conn%><tr><%for each x in rs.fieldsresponse.write("<th>"&x.name&"</th>")next%></tr><%do until rs.eof%><tr><% for each x in rs.fields %><td><%response.write(x.value)%></td><%nextrs.movenext%></tr><%looprs.closeconn.close%></table></body></html>I want to put the sql like this:select * from tkelas where nip like ('%nip%')but when I try using this:select * from tkelas where nip like '"&%nip%&"' >> the error message appearinvalid character???how should I write??

remove the % signs they are the syntax error

yeah Of course I know......but let say that the nip value is somethin like this = 12a63112a63212a63312s12912s13011a34512s12712a635I want to display every 12a6(something), and then I will put the sql like this :select * from tkelas where nip like ('12a6%')but I want to request the value from the html page, so I put the sql like this :select * from tkelas where nip like ('"&nip%&"')and thus it was ended with an error....then tell me how to put the sql with '%' without causing error

just look at my codebla bla bla...rs.open "select * from tkelas where nip like '"&nip&"' ",conn...invalid character???how should I write??
use it like this:
rs.open "select * from tkelas where nip like '%" & nip & "%' ",conn
it will surely work :)