Does this website work?

donedrum

Hi.I recently put up a simple website for someone. I am receiving complaints that her clients are having troubles with random page on random occasions. She tells me that people are saying the pages don't work. I have tested this site in multiple computers both PC and Mac using Safari, Opera, Firefox, and Explorer. I have never one problem with pages not loading. I have even contacted the hosting company who shows no errors. Is this site working for you? The web address is: www.prestigeschoolofdance.comIf anyone can find problems with these pages that I am missing, I would be grateful.Thanks!!!

I suggest that you try to get a more detailed bug report. When someone experiences this, what page are they on, what link did they click, about how long have they been browsing, etc? And if the random pages aren't normal (e.g. intentional, coherent) pages, some screenshots would also help.To answer your question directly, I clicked around a bit and saw nothing unusual. Do you use cookies? If you have a bug in your cookie-handling, that may cause such an effect after a lot of browsing.

I have requested screen shots, asked for specifics on which page, all that. They have not given me any specific details and I am becoming quite frustrated because I have only seen it work all the time. They are being so vague with the answers. I am just guessing people are having ISP problems. I don't use cookies for this site.Thanks!

Hi.I recently put up a simple website for someone. I am receiving complaints that her clients are having troubles with random page on random occasions. She tells me that people are saying the pages don't work. I have tested this site in multiple computers both PC and Mac using Safari, Opera, Firefox, and Explorer. I have never one problem with pages not loading. I have even contacted the hosting company who shows no errors. Is this site working for you? The web address is: www.prestigeschoolofdance.comIf anyone can find problems with these pages that I am missing, I would be grateful.Thanks!!!

Went to www.prestigeschoolofdance.com.I don't know if it's intentional but the width of the top and the text don't match. So the header bits are a certain width but the text go beyond that width. So I don't know if that's a small design issue like max width or just my screen resolution being too large.

The play and stop buttons control the background music, and they work for me.I don't notice any problems with the header (except it's not consistent through the site).What are your specs? I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 with Firefox 3, and I think I have all the relevant plugins installed.

I had no problem with the site.Why two different Headers? I would suggest a single header which works to "brand" your site.Music was fine, worked for me. FF3/ Ubuntu8.04 Hardy Heron

Thanks for your reply. The two different headers was a trouble shooting tactic. The home page has a flash document and the others do not. This may also explain inconsistencies. I wasn't sure if the problems were because of the flash or other, so we decided to remove the flash from some pages and leave for the home page. I am gathering that it doesn't matter.

I had no problem with the site.Why two different Headers? I would suggest a single header which works to "brand" your site.Music was fine, worked for me. FF3/ Ubuntu8.04 Hardy Heron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi ...Reading through your hassles and then I thought I would go to the site in question and see for myself,and Yup! just about every page doesn't work. Major fault in .... with the drop-down menus ... choose aninstructor for example ... and then what happens .... I can't get the vertical scroll bar to go down any further. It stops just about around the top of the 'beginning-of-the-photo'... I presume.Then when I go to all the other pages .... same thing .... vertical scroll bar on the right-hand side onlyslides a certain distance then .. no more!I am on a small Mecer computer!I try numerous other sites to " test " my vertical scroll-bar ...works 100% ...alway am able to get to the very bottom of a page. But on your site ... prestigeschoolofdance.com .... I cannot scroll down to the very bottom of any page.If I have helped .... myabe you can reciprocate. I uploaded my first posting about 'Back ' and 'Forward' arrows not working .... I see nobody has yet replied ...where are all the boffins? Maybe you know the trick ... check out my story ..... Never2l82learn - Thanks!

Archived