document.getElementById().innerHTML

jitz

HiI am using a div element which is invisible onLoad.When a button is clicked, it appears.Iwant to add a html page with 2 buttons to appear in this div.So i had used javascript to assign the html tags to a variable and use document.getElementById(divname).innerHTML=variable to get the html page inside the div.It works well in mozilla firefox 1.5.But div is empty in ie.Can somebody help me????My code looks somewhat like this..in main page,<div id="editsidebar" name="edit" style="width:285px; height: 200px;border-width:thin; border-color:black; border-style:solid; overflow:auto; "></div>on body onLoad,onLoad (){ document.getElementById("edit").style.display = 'none';} and in javascript it has var info = '<html><head></head><body bgcolor=#F0F8FF ><div style="white-space:nowrap;" id="content"><form id="form1" ><table width=280><tr></tr><tr><td align=center><font ><b>Enter Details</b></font></td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td><font color=#6699CC>Name:</font></td></tr><tr><td><input type="text" size=35 ></input></td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td align=center><input class=formButton type="submit" value="Submit" onClick="java script:bookMark();"></input>    <input class=formButton type="button" value="Cancel" onClick="history.go(0)" ></input></td></tr></table></form></div></body></html>'; document.getElementById("edit").innerHTML = infow;Pleez Help me

inserting HTML, HEAD, aND BODY tags into a DIV is ncorrect syntax anyways....also your last line of code is wrong you use = infow when the variable name in info..Please post the ENTIRE page, knowing every piece of code is important.