how to create a window like gmail chat using javascript

pankaj.ghadge

You're probably just doing this to learn, if so you can ignore my comments.If you use ExtJS in your applications you are required to release your application as Open Source under the GPL. If you wish to use ExtJS and not release your code then you have to buy a license which costs $289.

That's right, the license terms changed with version 2.1. The jury is still out about how much code you would have to GPL. The Javascript and HTML are already being sent to the browser so those are already open, personally I don't think that a PHP backend would need to be covered by the GPL. I don't think anyone would be willing to file a lawsuit either to decide that question in court.

That's right, the license terms changed with version 2.1. The jury is still out about how much code you would have to GPL. The Javascript and HTML are already being sent to the browser so those are already open, personally I don't think that a PHP backend would need to be covered by the GPL. I don't think anyone would be willing to file a lawsuit either to decide that question in court unless you are making boatloads of cash from your application.
I fixed that. Litigation income is practically accepted business model these days.

Right, but I can't see someone suing someone else to get their PHP code because they're using a GPL frontend component, even if it's a commercial application. Regardless, if you're going to be making money off it it would make sense to get a commercial license, which would exempt you from the GPL in the first place.

Archived