Google Chrome!

speculumcm

Canvascape is written in javascript but it also uses the canvas tag (from HTML5 I think) which is in Firefox, Opera, and WebKit (Safari/Chrome) (basically everyone except IE). Canvas makes drawing easy in javascript.

Want to see Google Chrome crash, type "about:%" in the address bar.
Right it crashed!Also there's more:http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1843Google’s shiny new Web browser is vulnerable to a carpet-bombing vulnerability that could expose Windows users to malicious hacker attacks.Have you heard it?

I am using google chrome. Its great an all but as its the first beta version im not expecting much. They need add on programs like mozilla does. Dont think that having a non title browser is a bad idea :) Good browser in my opinion

Yesterday it was crashing just by clicking right mouse button in address bar but today it isn't. It may have been updated live by itself or what?
If you had "about:%" in your clipboard, then right clicking in the address bar will crash it. It simply won't even let you think about pasting it. So there was no live update, just an interpretation it was doing. You'll get your typical context menu with anything else in your clipboard.

A little something for you Chrome users:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7597699.stm
I read a couple articles about that and figured it was just an oversight as it has turned out to be.Even if it wasn't it would never hold up in court.RIAA: You are infringing our copyrightGoogle: No, no it's all good. A Chrome user downloaded this mp3 so according to our EULA it is now our property.RIAA: Is that so...Yeah I know that is an extreme exaggeration but it was funny....right?

I read a couple articles about that and figured it was just an oversight as it has turned out to be.Even if it wasn't it would never hold up in court.RIAA: You are infringing our copyrightGoogle: No, no it's all good. A Chrome user downloaded this mp3 so according to our EULA it is now our property.RIAA: Is that so...Yeah I know that is an extreme exaggeration but it was funny....right?
I find it hilarious Google even thought for a split second they could write those kind of rights, it's ridiculous even as an oversight. :)

If you had "about:%" in your clipboard, then right clicking in the address bar will crash it. It simply won't even let you think about pasting it. So there was no live update, just an interpretation it was doing. You'll get your typical context menu with anything else in your clipboard.
I think it was some other address in my clipboard that i wanted to paste in Google's Chrome. Thanks. It did crash on ":%" too.

Still waiting myself, no functional Linux version as yet - you can only build some modules and pass some of the unit tests.It is an interesting prospect, mostly for the rock solid way it's built (though it is resource intensive, lots of duplication of memory - relatively speaking) and the V8 engine (though in the comparison's I've read it's mostly good at the heavy recursion stuff and still needs optimisation in DOM areas). Will be interesting to see how the other browsers react to this, especially Firefox with their new TraceMonkey under development.

I find it hilarious Google even thought for a split second they could write those kind of rights, it's ridiculous even as an oversight. :)
The TOS has been changed. They claim it was just a copy paste from another services TOS and that that section was overlooked when adjusting it for Chrome. They apparently never had those intentions.
Still waiting myself, no functional Linux version as yet - you can only build some modules and pass some of the unit tests.It is an interesting prospect, mostly for the rock solid way it's built (though it is resource intensive, lots of duplication of memory - relatively speaking) and the V8 engine (though in the comparison's I've read it's mostly good at the heavy recursion stuff and still needs optimisation in DOM areas). Will be interesting to see how the other browsers react to this, especially Firefox with their new TraceMonkey under development.
I find it quite shocking that they wouldn't release a Linux version. I am sure they will at a later date after they are out of beta perhaps. I hope so anyway.

I find it quite shocking that they wouldn't release a Linux version. I am sure they will at a later date after they are out of beta perhaps. I hope so anyway.
The way Google dumped usual MS Windows dependent user interface indicates that Linux or other OS versions of Chrome may just be round the corner.

Not shocking at all. Google knows where the future is, so why not test it out with windows users before importing it to the correct platform :) Joke! I have nothing against windows. Much. :)

testing a Beta Browser in a Beta Operating System doesn't make sense to me... :)
Since when is Linux a beta OS? Linux is based on the UNIX kernel which was around 20 years before Windows 1.0.Linux is not a dominate OS because it is hard to use, or is perceived that way. It is more stable in just about every way then Windows. Windows is just easy to use and MS has done a good job buying off PC makers.I have used Windows for over 10 years and I used Macs all through elementary and high school and now I am trying out Linux...it is just a matter of getting used to a new interface. Windows is by far the least secure and stable of the 3 but is the one I use the most because of my needs.

Archived