some problems

ehsanshekari

hi.i have some problems with embedding multimedia in my web page. i have windows media player 11 as my default player.I also have jetAudio,winamp,realplayer and quicktime.the line below works well in internet explorer 6 but when i try it in firefox 1.5,Opera 9 and netscape 8 the browser prompts that a plugin is needed to play the file.why they can't use windows media player to play the file.Can i fix the problem or i have to download the plugin?

<embed src="Multimedia/sth.avi" type="video/x-msvideo" width="200" height="150">

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the line below doesn't show anything in firefox 1.5, Opera 9 and netscape 8 and when i try it in IE it opens the windows media player instead of showing the file in the browser.

<object data="Multimedia/sth.avi" type="video/x-msvideo"></object>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"><param name="FileName" value="sth.avi" /></object>

works well in IE but it has no effect on firefox 1.5, Opera 9 and netscape 8.i tried other file extensions but they have the same problem as well.do i have to download the plugins for each browser or there is another way to make the things all right?what do i need to play flv files in the browser?Can i embedd them using the code i have written above or they need some code like flash or real?thanks.

Guest FirefoxRocks

In Firefox/Flock, try clicking on Install Missing Plugins to see which plugin it is trying to install. In Windows, I have Windows Media Player and it is shown as an embedded object in Firefox whenever I watch WMV movies. Opera does the same thing also, and Internet Explorer works. I don't know which code the sites are using, but I suppose you can try this:

<object data="Multimedia/sth.avi" type="video/x-msvideo"><object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"><param name="movie" value="sth.avi" /></object></object>

I thought that AVI was handled by QuickTime.

Archived