Flash container to include various .swf files?

grippat

Is it possible to have a Flash file that is basically just a container with video controls (fast forward, pause, rewind) that JavaScript will pass a variable to and this "container" will play a certain .swf file based of the variable that was passed to it?We have a bunch of .swf files with none of the original source files and want to be able to accomplish something like this were we can use a standard container flash file to control these .swf files.

Sort of, but you're going to be limited in how the playing SWF is structured. If the SWF you're loading is a movie with a single frame that has another movie embedded on that, you aren't going to be able to use things like play and stop (there's only one frame). We typically use the loadMovie function to play an external SWF on the stage.

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to have a Flash file that is basically just a container with video controls (fast forward, pause, rewind) that JavaScript will pass a variable to and this "container" will play a certain .swf file based of the variable that was passed to it?We have a bunch of .swf files with none of the original source files and want to be able to accomplish something like this were we can use a standard container flash file to control these .swf files.
I think you can have a look at Moyea Web Player Pro, like you said, this web player is just a container( .swf ) with video controls, it controls the playback of more than one flash videos( .flv ) in it and supports playlist( .xml ), I use it on my website.

Archived