Background Difficulties

prog.infant

Hey again,I'm running into another Flash issue regarding a background image, but let me give you the whole back story:A client has a website up and they have a flash banner at the top of the page. a man and a woman pop up and some sort of mechanical-industry building type- thing, and there are supposed to be clouds in the background. They show up when you view the website on IE, but not on Fire Fox. I got onto their FTP site and downloaded their files and looked around for the flash image. When I previewed it, there were no clouds in the background. So I went back to the website and found that they had somehow used the clouds as an image background under the flash video. I tried to open the .fla file, but I keep getting an error that says that the "File Formats are Unexpected" or that "Windows Cannot Find" the filename. I'm assuming that their flash files are incompatible with my version of flash (MX 2004-- I know, I know.).If anyone has any insights or suggestions, that would be fantastic.Thanks in advance,p.i.

You'll need to open the FLA in the version it was created in or a later version in order to change anything there. If the movie isn't showing up in Firefox, I would suggest looking at the code that embeds the movie to figure out why it doesn't work in Firefox. There are several methods of embedding Flash content that work in all browsers.

Archived