how to create chatting window

pankaj.ghadge

wow...sorry for useless reply but...lol ?EDIT : ok I'll try to be more constructive, - First, this is totaly not HTML/XHTML, you're posting in the wrong forum.- Second : You have to do some work first, they are several ways you could want to do this, I think google do it in javascript and/or ajax but you could use other languages, you gotta get some information and decide how you want to do it then- You have to learn it, nobody will tell you the code straight out for what your asking because :It's too complicated.It's not their job nor the purpose of this forum.

We probably can't "tell you the code", but we can tell you that you need to read up on JavaScript, AJAX, PHP, and SQL. :)Err... I wrote this script once, not quite what you need but you could get ideas from it.http://lab.roundeddesign.com/chat/

Seriously. Even if you know what you're doing, this is 20+ hours' work. But, here are some hints.-minimize-popup-closeThese are all window methods, so read about the window object.EDIT: Unless you hold it in a floating div, in which case you'll be adjusting style properties like width, height, and display. Display is the normal way to toggle visibility, which would create your popup and close effects.-add smileyIf you want to use BBCode (or something like it), then when your user clicks on a smiley, your script will have to add the correct characters at the insertion point. You could use a text editor library, like TinyMCE. It has smiley's and other Rich Text editing features built in.-block userSounds like a database flag-group chat-go off the recordAJAX methods

Archived