Spirit55555's Site

Spirit55555

Nice slogan, although I think brain-work can be "hard." :)I can't figure out the meaning of the header background, let alone its relevance. Lambda, studio lights, broken step, father & son (I think?), hole in the wall, illegible graffiti...You might want to run your text through a spell-checker, becuase some of it looks wrong. (And "CMS system" is a tad redundant.)Your homepage doesn't validate as CSS 3. If "experimental" means the properties aren't standard yet, you should remove the CSS badge.Congrats for the valid XHTML 1 Strict. :)

Nice work! Loves the style. But you should stay away from having links grow like in your navigation. Try doing something like on my site where the link just changes color. Also, stay away from dynamic links like http://spirit55555.dk/?page=about-me because search engine spider have a hard time finding your site. Try using directories instead such as http://spirit55555.dk/about-me/. Overall 9/10. KUTAW!P.S. Go here for some more SEO tips.

Nice slogan, although I think brain-work can be "hard." :)I can't figure out the meaning of the header background, let alone its relevance. Lambda, studio lights, broken step, father & son (I think?), hole in the wall, illegible graffiti...You might want to run your text through a spell-checker, becuase some of it looks wrong. (And "CMS system" is a tad redundant.)Your homepage doesn't validate as CSS 3. If "experimental" means the properties aren't standard yet, you should remove the CSS badge.Congrats for the valid XHTML 1 Strict. :(
When I started to make the site, I had no idea what to use as a background. So I used a picture from a map in Half-Life 2, that I have created. I think it looks nice, and it also shows another thing I can do, beside web design.I do use a spell-checker. Can you tell me what's wrong? (Is "Blog system" a better word?)It's "almost" CSS3 valid :) There are no sytax errors, or other things like that. But I understand what you mean, and I'm probably going to remove the CSS badge.And also valid XHTML 1.1 (maybe I should change it to that?)
Nice work! Loves the style. But you should stay away from having links grow like in your navigation. Try doing something like on my site where the link just changes color. Also, stay away from dynamic links like http://spirit55555.dk/?page=about-me because search engine spider have a hard time finding your site. Try using directories instead such as http://spirit55555.dk/about-me/. Overall 9/10. KUTAW!P.S. Go here for some more SEO tips.
What it wrong about having links grow in the navigation? I think it gives a good effect. But that's just me.I tried to make better links with mod_rewrite, but for some reason, it did not work. ----------To all other, thanks for the comments :)

It's a fairly realistic image, but something that lacks intentional meaning is prone to being over-interpreted (at least by me). I suggest you replace it with a meaningful picture - or an obviously abstract one.I'm not sure if it's a default Firefox feature or one of my add-ons, but I get all my form data spell-checked. Here are the things that weren't in my dictionary and I didn't add to it. Use Ctrl+F to find them in the text.becuase (hinted at in my above post)furtureuseingJavascript (very minor but technically incorrect)But that's actually few compared to most pages of that length."blog system" (notice lack of caps) would work, but "CMS system" is redundant because CMS means Content Management System. Most people probably wouldn't mind that, but I have a very meticulous personality.Yeah, I would remove the CSS badge. It's strictly false, and (more importantly) the badges will lose their meaning if abused.I would also update the XHTML badge because the current standard is (presumably) better.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice, so you actually made your own CMS? What are you planning though with it?
Well, as Jesdisciple pointed out, it's not a "real" CMS system ATM, more a blog system. But I would like to make it more dynamic.Right now, the only thing which is dynamic is the front page, I can't edit the other pages without editing the code directly.

Umm, that's not what I tried to point out. "CMS system" expands to "Content Management System system" - which is redundant (repetitive). I wouldn't complain if you were to call it a CMS.

Archived