Login system issues

incredibale3

I'm having issues related to the visual web developer 2008 express edition's register system. When I try to use it on my site, it complains about not having a database but it doesn't really specify a name, and I made a database for it a day ago and it kind of worked but then after I messed with web.config turning on debug temporarily to try something it stopped working even after I turned debug off. If you go to WarNations.net and try to register you can see the source code and it'll give you its version of the problem, but I could really use some help.

After browsing my web config, I can't find it.. Maybe I should add the connection string?

Hmm, it doesn't change anything.. Maybe it's the registering system itself.. It came with visual web developer 2008 express so it should work tho..

The error message I saw specifically said that it couldn't connect to the database using the connection string and that it couldn't create a default database because of security settings. It wouldn't need to create a new database if the one in the connection string worked though, so it does sound like an issue with the connection string.

The SSE Provider did not find the database file specified in the connection string. At the configured trust level (below High trust level), the SSE provider can not automatically create the database file.

As you can probably tell i'm pretty new to asp, but very few strings actually in there are in web.config. Actually, I don't believe any of them are and i'm not too confident I could set them up right.. System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.EnsureSqlExpressDBFile(String connectionString) +2560049 System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation) +87 System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) +3629 System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +305 System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +105 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +453 System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +149 System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +17 System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746Now that I check, only the beggining of most of those functions are in web.config like system.web.UI or system.web.UI.webcontrols. In fact, at the data ones only system.web. is actually in web.config the dataccess isn't in it so maybe your right and I have to add each string.. but like I said, I probably couldn't do it right..

Those things aren't in web.config, what you're looking at is the stack trace that produced the error. The first line is the function that actually produced the error, which looks like a function that checks to make sure the database file exists. The second line is the function which called the function in the first line, the third line is the function which called the function in the second line, etc. The last line is the point where your program started, the main routine. So that trace is the list of functions on the stack when the error occurred.

Well, It doesn't even say the name of the file it's looking for and i'm not sure how i'd edit that function if it's not in web.config, unless i could edit the registering system to try to see what file it's looking for and then change it so it'll go into the file I have..

Thanks, I think one has taught me how, but if i do this: <appSettings> <add key="connectionString" value="server=(servername);database=(database name);uid=sa;password=(password);" /> </appSettings>Would I actually put the username for the database where it says database= or is there another spot.. Because my database has a diff username than the actual database name. And also what's with the uid=sa?

Now I have an internal server error... you can try to go on the website if you want and look... I'll probably be able to fix it tho..

This isn't working, whenever I try to add in the line to web.config my site has an internal server error on all the pages. If I was more experienced I probably would just make a new login system by now... "The SSE Provider did not find the database file specified in the connection string. At the configured trust level (below High trust level), the SSE provider can not automatically create the database file." How do I set the configured trust level to high so that I can have it make the database file?

This site has a description about getting the actual error messages to show, just a 500 error doesn't tell anything about what the problem might be.http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/200...Developers.aspxI'm not sure how to set the trust level, but it would seem that the solution would be to get your application to use the database you specifically tell it to instead of just having it make its own.

Archived