brad_mn1988

IE and <button> tags

Hi, I posted something like this b4. But I've gotten a little closer, so I hope someone will be able to get me the 'rest of the way'.So I put together a simple form and I wanted to make it bi-lingual. I can make the labels and fieldset english or spanish (using technique not shown) and then swapping out the english and spanish values of 'Click Here' and 'No Click Here' I can even make the buttons bi-lingual. ('Chasque Aquí' and 'Ningún Chasque Aquí')

<form action="form_results.php" method="post" name="My SignOn" id="My SignOn"><fieldset><legend>My Logon</legend><p><label for="username">Username:</label><br /><input type="text" size="100" maxlength="100" name="username" id="username" tabindex="1" /></p><p><label for="password">Password:</label><br /><input type="password" size="100" maxlength="100" name="password" id="password" tabindex="2" /></p><button type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="submit1">Click Here</button><button type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="submit2">No Click Here</button></fieldset></form>

In firefox this works great, since it is the 'value' attribute that gets passed(results received in FireFox): ["username"]=> string(13) "Test Username" ["password"]=> string(13) "Test Password" ["submit"]=> string(7) "submit1"Whether the button label was 'Click Here' or 'Chasque Aqui' the "Results" is "submit1".However, with IE, the exact same form renders this results(results received in Internet Exporere): ["username"]=> string(17) "Test Two Username" ["password"]=> string(17) "Test Two Password" ["submit"]=> string(13) "No Click Here"Notice two things:1. The result is the Text between the button tags, not the 'value' attribute of the tag. This is devastating to a PHP application that chooses an action based upon the returned "submit" value that attempts to be bi-lingual.2. Even though I meticulously clicked "Click Here" the form returned as if I actually clicked "No Click Here". So my questions are, how do I separate Button Text from returned Button "submit" value in IE, and how do I get the returned Button "submit" value to differentiate by which button is clicked in IE?Thanks in advance for any assistance -- even links to good sites/tutorials.