When setting Opera to identify as IE....

Eric

For example: Two guys both have the same version of Opera on their computer, "guy 1" has IE5 on his computer and "guy 2" has IE6.When set to "Identify as Internet Explorer" in Opera, will they be identified as the version of IE they have on their computer?That is: "guy 1" would be identified as IE5 on Opera and "guy 2" would be in identified as IE6?Or would they be identified as the same version of IE because the version is detminded by the version of Opera?

Is this topic just to test me, or do you actually ask in honest? :) :)I actually could care less about which browser version it sets itself to, so sorry, can't help you or humor you either way.

Is this topic just to test me, or do you actually ask in honest? :) :)I actually could care less about which browser version it sets itself to, so sorry, can't help you or humor you either way.

Honest question.It's actually an important reason why I'm asking, it has to do with a devolping job I'm working on.I need to know.

I figured it out.I downloaded a different version of IE to test which Opera would identify me as, and it still identified me as the other version.So I guess the version you're identified as depends on the version of Opera you have.I solved my own question.... no thanks to you :)You're really no help at all on these forums. The other moderators are MUCH more helpful. You're like the "blacksheep" in the bunch.Skemcin <~ most helpfulChocolate570 <~ second most helpfulalzable <~ never see him online, so not sureJonas <~ if you don't know something, don't post with dumbass comments :)

Well he obviously did! It makes a big diffence if you are writing JavaScript becuase IE5 and 6 handle things very differently...At first your smart ###### comments were humorous but they have become inappropriate especially for someone that is representing this forum as a Moderator...whatever grudges and 3rd grade vendettas you two are holding toward each other is not good for this forum and needs to stop.

You know Eric, this is just not appropriate at all. Although I appreciate your comment on my helpfulness, I have to say that your repsone is completely out of place and shows your immaturity.I will add that Jonas, with some degree, has a right to question your sincerety. You have to realize that we all (the moderators) communicate with each other. So you have to expect that the other moderators know about some of the things you have asked us individually - some of which could be thought of as sincere and other insincere. Your question to me about advertising - for example.So, in an effort to, once again, give the benefit of the doubt - I will not take any action with you - although I feel that directly insulting a moderator merits it. I will however put my foot down now.THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I TOLERATE ANY INSIGHT THAT IS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE TOPIC AT HAND!Stick to the topic ERIC - or there will not be any for you to respond to. Do not test me on this one either.BTW:Moderators are not meant to necessary HELP people. Their purpose is to moderate. The whole purpose of the discussion board is to allow everyone the opportunity to help.Moderators should not be expected to necessarily always have the solution.