script does nothing :S

Callum

Hi, I would be gratefull if someone could tell me why this script doesn't actually load. All that happens is that the browser loads a blank page. Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong. Thanks Callum

<!-- Create db form --><?php   $conn = @mysql_connect( "localhost", "root", "" )	or die( "Could not connect to MySQL" );$rs1 =	@mysql_create_db( $_REQUEST['db'] );$rs2= 	@mysql_list_dbs($conn);$list = "";for( $row=0; $row < mysql_num_rows( $rs2 ); $row++ ){   $list .= mysql_tablename( $rs2, $row ) . " | "; } ?><html> <head>  <title>Admin Tools</title> </head> <body> <form action="<?php echo( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ); ?> " method="post"> Current databases: <?php echo( $list ); ?>  <hr> Name:<input type = "text" name = "db">  <input type = "submit" value = "Create database"> </form> </body></html>

thanks, the new error message is.Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_create_db() in C:\wamp\www\newfolder\proj1\create_db.php on line 8I do not understand? :S i thought that was a defined function :S

Your host may have disabled it because they don't want you to freely create DBs...

This is on my own test host using Wampserver2 though :S. if it helps im running MYSQL 5.0.51bEDIT: Uploaded the script to my online host and I get exactly the same error.Is both my local test server and my online host blocking me from creating DB's? Or is my code incorrect :S

I used this code and it works great but i think that the problem is not the code :/

<?php$con = mysql_connect("localhost","root","");if (!$con)  {  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());  }// Create databaseif (mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE my_db",$con))  {  echo "Database created";  }else  {  echo "Error creating database: " . mysql_error();  }// Create tablemysql_select_db("my_db", $con);$sql = "CREATE TABLE something(something,something,something)";// Execute querymysql_query($sql,$con);

EDIT: Moved on, starting to get the hang of it.EDIT 2: Does every MYSQL database need a primary key??, if so is it possible to set a primary key without deleting the table ???(table is empty at the moment but I don't want to delete it)

EDIT 2: Does every MYSQL database need a primary key??, if so is it possible to set a primary key without deleting the table ???(table is empty at the moment but I don't want to delete it)
Databases don't have primary keys, tables do. A table doesn't need one, but it will help speed up lookups if you choose a primary key that makes sense. Almost always I create a new column to be the primary key and make it an int autoincrement field. You can use an ALTER TABLE query to define a primary key on an existing table.

Archived