use of brackets in CSS

threesticks

helloon the following page, i did see code with [brackets] and then i went into search to see if brackets were used in CSS or if it was the Author ?, i could not find code reference for brackets , but did find character reference and yes that could be a [bracket]So do you know if this is a part of correct code or Author reference ?Also when i came into forum land i saw a message as cut and pasted -> Welcome back; your last visit was: Today, 09:59 PMwell actually i never was here today before ?.and if i remember correctly this machine should be in sink , yes sink, with the server to remember me and my mac address.any hint to find reference to code structure use characters ?.Thank you.http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_syntax.aspAdd Styles to Elements with Particular AttributesYou can also apply styles to HTML elements with particular attributes.The style rule below will match all input elements that have a type attribute with a value of "text":input[type=text] {background-color: blue}

The square brackets in CSS are used as an attribute selector, to select elements that have a certain attribute value. Like the example explains, the rule you pasted will select input elements that have a type attribute with a value of "text". Comments in CSS are surrounded with /* */ like in Javascript or C, comments are explained further down in the page.

Also when i came into forum land i saw a message as cut and pasted -> Welcome back; your last visit was: Today, 09:59 PM
The forum just doesn't bother to detect if you've never been here, and probably uses a value of 0 for the time, which maps to that time.
and if i remember correctly this machine should be in sink , yes sink, with the server to remember me and my mac address.
The server doesn't have access to your MAC address, only your IP address. Your IP address isn't necessarily the same as it was the last time you visited and, even so, the forum wouldn't associate users with IP anyway other than for logging them. It's not a good idea to assume that a given IP corresponds to a given user. I'm not sure what your question is though.
any hint to find reference to code structure use characters ?
What?

The square brackets in CSS are used as an attribute selector, to select elements that have a certain attribute value. Like the example explains, the rule you pasted will select input elements that have a type attribute with a value of "text". Comments in CSS are surrounded with /* */ like in Javascript or C, comments are explained further down in the page.The forum just doesn't bother to detect if you've never been here, and probably uses a value of 0 for the time, which maps to that time.The server doesn't have access to your MAC address, only your IP address. Your IP address isn't necessarily the same as it was the last time you visited and, even so, the forum wouldn't associate users with IP anyway other than for logging them. It's not a good idea to assume that a given IP corresponds to a given user. I'm not sure what your question is though.What?
the quote in the form box: any hint to find reference to code structure use characters ?and the the reply: what ?my reply; as i have seen in html and Xhtml there is the column reference. so what i am looking for is a column or any thing to cross reference on when i am outside of W3C, some thing like# is a id selector{ } group selectionsand so onjust a quick reference type.I do not have connection at home and do the airport thing and with that i usually come into W3C and copy/paste and save to doc and then go home and study when i can.Thank you for the reply`s

Archived