content disappears after inserting footer

socken

I have a strange problem in IE again. On top, there is a banner. Underneath are two DIVs: leftSide and rightSide. LefSide contains a menu and an image.RightSide contains the content.Now, I want to add a footer:#footer { clear:both: height: 39px;}In FF it works like it should (like always...) In IE not (like always...). In IE, the content disappears!!! It's not somewhere else, it's simply GONE! :) Do you have any idea why this is happening!? Am I missing another IE-Hack I have to use?? Thanks for any help!!

I assume you are using floats for the DIV's, try adding a float to the footer div.

#footer {  clear:both:  height: 39px;  float: left;}

Well, its kind of hard trying to slove something I can't see. Also, I don't think the clear: both elements are needed.

No! I'm sorry! It worked! I thought I need to set float:right, because of the layout. But you were absolutely right!Man, you really know all the answers, and they even fit all my questions ;-)Thanks alot!

Glad it worked :)however, I don't have all the answers ^_^" I try to know all that I can though.I wish I knew all the answers -_-