Executing Flash Menu Over Non-Flash Elements

count_10ants

I have created a drop down menu with 8 horizontal choices and long list of sub-menu items (average of about 12) under each main item. So far I have had to make sure the Flash content includes a Flash graphic, under the menu elements, to allow overlap, otherwise you cannot see all the sub-menu items, when the flash movie is embedded in the html content. Obviously I could reduce the length of the lists. Is it possible to extend Flash animation over html content?

It's not possible to extend Flash outside of the boundaries of the Flash movie. If you made the movie larger then you could see more of the lists.
Thanks. What a shame. Flash nav bars seemed to be very responsive; and I did it. Now I am curious: What is the best tech to use, based on ease to create, functionality, maintenance etc; like "the industry standard" recommended. Looking thru the web a lot of folks seem to like CSS with <li> tags. I searched W3C tutorials without help.

Flash links and content aren't detected or indexed by Google or other search engines at the moment. And most of the animations can be done with Javascript or even CSS.W3Schools tutorials doesn't explain about interactive menus, but http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ shows a lot of ways to use CSS.

Archived